Stephen Street and Morrissey reacquainted?

An anonymous person writes:

Just been browsing Stephen Street's official site and saw this little blurb from his latest update (Dec '10):

"Oh, and one other thing. I recently met up with a certain Mr Morrissey for the first time in nearly 20 years. I think we were both apprehensive about meeting but after 5 minutes we were getting on so well it was truly a magical moment. I am so pleased to have met up with someone who has been such a big part of my musical journey after a prolonged period of time and I hope we can stay true friends for ever."​

Last edited by a moderator:
Street has produced the latest single and album by Brother - one of the support acts for the new tour.

I can't see Morrissey being very happy if this is on sale in the foyer...
still_here_packshot.jpg

Dave

when you get to a certain age you become thick skinned and things that bothered you twenty years ago dont quite seem so important.when you are in your twenties everything is pressure because you want to do the right thing.by late forties and early fifties the grim reaper could be waiting on you every morning,its just a pleasure to wake up.so this could be why they have made up.its always a good feeling when you meet someone you havent seen for years.im sure both got something out of it.that grim reaping twat better not be waiting for me as i have tckets to buy.

Lillywhite is a hack. Besides, I doubt Moz would be able to look past the permanent stench of Bono's fart cloud that surrounds him.

A Street/Moz reunion would be a very interesting aspect at this stage of the game. However, I think a Boz/Street mix of songs would be sonically awkward.

Morrissey's most succesful work was with Street. I'd love to see a new album produced by Street and a return to the earlier sound. It would be nice to end on a high.

Street's production had virtually nothing to do with the quality of the songs.
It was his fantastic songwriting ability.
If Moz sticks with Tobias/Boorer/Whyte songwriting with Street producing, the quality of the songs would be virtually no different to recent albums...

I would love to see Stephen and Steven do a song or two together. It could be the next best thing to having Johnny back behind the axe.:D

All the talk about working with Street and possible new music means absolutely nothing if Moz is still hanging around with Jesse Tobias.
That friends, is a Fact.

I hope Stephen Street and Morrissey do something together....we shall never know what the meeting was actually about...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom