Spencer Cobrin interview - Jingle Punks

Spencer has tiny eyes.

Spencer is lovely, isn't he?
Moz seems to be getting rid of all the lookers from his band. Spencer, then Alain...

So Spencer is the final word then?
No, he's not. But---and I hate to say it---neither is Morrissey. It's not unusual for his account of events to be at odds with other, often corroborating accounts from other parties involved. Particularly when it comes to interactions and dealings in a business context. I'm not saying that Morrissey is never truthful, and he very well may always tell the truth as he remembers it. But his word isn't gospel, and it's possible that not everything he wrote in his book played out exactly the way he claims it did.

This is a nice counterpoint to the Fifteen Minutes With... interview. Glad to hear him sound more "up." The stories of his precarious living situations after leaving the band were harrowing. You could argue that he is almost too humble about his days with Morrissey. The Elva Snow songs are worth finding, especially Hold Me, Could Ya, and Drinking And Driving.

So Spencer is the final word then?

That's what I thought, Skinny once again unable to resist the urge to put the boot in. I would think considering the time they spent recording and touring there is stuff that Morrissey remembers incorrectly and stuff that Spencer also remembers incorrectly. Neither party will have perfect recollection of the times and events, but hey why let it stop us having a pop at Moz?

That's what I thought, Skinny once again unable to resist the urge to put the boot in. I would think considering the time they spent recording and touring there is stuff that Morrissey remembers incorrectly and stuff that Spencer also remembers incorrectly. Neither party will have perfect recollection of the times and events, but hey why let it stop us having a pop at Moz?

People rarely have the same view of a shared experience. Neither is lying, they just experience and remember it differently. Civil courts are full of two parties who are certain they're right. It's just the way humans work.

I must say, if my ex-husband, my mother and I were each to write our memoirs (mine would be about six pages long, double-spaced...but that's beside the point), I guarantee there would be so many discrepancies between the three versions that they would seem like works of fiction. That's the thing when you read someone's autobiography, though—it's not about getting a verifiably accurate history lesson, it's about seeing a life story told through the eyes of the person who lived it. Everyone has their own truth, including Morrissey and Spencer (who seems like a helluva nice guy).

Oh just f*** off. Who's unable to resist putting the boot in? Moron.

More of that good old fashioned Mo-So white knighting neurosis, where everything's an inexcusable slight.

I'd rather have a pop at you.

Hmm, it is generally more enjoyable abusing the people on the forums as opposed to abusing the one person that a few fans actually still come here to read about.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom