sound alike or just plain rip off list!

nightingale+therose

...brush me daddy-o
I thought we could have a thread that kindly acknowledges songs whose music have paid more than a 'fair nod' to an existing song...:lbf:

I'm thinking flagrant rip offs :)boxing: only in your own humble and non slanderous opinions of course)

Elastica's 'Waking Up' and the Stranglers' 'No More Heroes' is a good non contested example of a rip off!:mock:

so 'sound alike':D or 'rip off':angry::mock:

May I start us off with:

Interpol's 'Say Hello To Angels'
Which i think is more of a 'sound alike':D mix of The Smiths 'This Charming Man' and Bauhaus 'Third Uncle'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oasis - ''Cigarettes & Alcohol''

Which in turn was ripped off by Marc Bolan in his (T-Rex) song ''Get It On''.

Jukebox Jury

Johnny Marr admitted to pinching this tune for ''Panic''

Jukebox Jury

I pointed out a while back that the opening few seconds of Making Plans for Nigel by XTC sounds a bit like the intro to the live version of Jack the Ripper from Who Put The M in Manchester. But Kewpie told me I was wrong.

Oasis in ''another rip off'' shock:eek:

Jukebox Jury

I pointed out a while back that the opening few seconds of Making Plans for Nigel by XTC sounds a bit like the intro to the live version of Jack the Ripper from Who Put The M in Manchester. But Kewpie told me I was wrong.

Not for the first time, Kewpie is clueless...... the first time I've put these two songs together and YES! you are right:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Not for the first time, Kewpie is clueless...... the first time I've put these two songs together and YES! you are right:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

It's not too obvious from YouTube, but when you listen through headphones it's more noticeable.

Oasis in ''another rip off'' shock:eek:

Right again!!!:thumb:

Did you spot Kate Hudson (Goldie Hawn's daughter) in the long orange dress in the first video - tee hee.... or is that part of the 'rip off' too!
Newsflash, Kate Hudson rips off the look of New Seekers Coke folk!:lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf:

It's common knowledge amongst Smiths fans, I'd have thought. Don't want The Juke getting undue praise :thumb:

:rolleyes::p

Right again!!!:thumb:

Did you spot Kate Hudson (Goldie Hawn's daughter) in the long orange dress in the first video - tee hee.... or is that part of the 'rip off' too!
Newsflash, Kate Hudson rips off the look of New Seekers Coke folk!:lbf::lbf:

Never heard of Kate Hudson (Rock's daughter?:D)
You do say ''tee hee'' a lot:lbf:

Jukebox Jury

Can we say 'sound alike':D rather than 'rip off':angry: - don't want to diss the man:thumb: but you're right!:)

Back
Top Bottom