Morrissey Central "SOON / 2020 new releases" (September 6, 2020)

SouthPaw_Vinyl_Gatefold.jpg
YATQ_Vinyl_Gatefold.jpg

Both albums issued on BMG Label for the first time, including inner booklets. LP and CD formats.

Both JPGs describe the images as 'gatefold'.
Regards,
FWD.

Love the first picture (that star-spangled jacket is 🔥).

As album artwork both are completely unacceptable though. Especially the Southpaw one because it isn't even from the right era.
In isolation, or in other contexts, the photo is fine. But 'Southpaw Grammar' is a tough bruiser of an album. The last thing it should feel like is 'spangly'. The aesthetics are all wrong. Coupled with the font, colours and design it looks like a f***ing Liberace LP now.

Much appreciated, Morrissey. Maybe you want to consider a limited number of each album printed in an environmentally-friendly way?

In the photo S Grammar ,Moz's hair is full of gel...? And the pose is not natural,but,,OH those blue eyes....
YATQ ,photo is passable ,it incredible that they have not chosen among thousands and thousands of beatiful photos that Morrissey has ....
But OH those sad sweet blue eyes!!!:flamethrow::flamethrow:

The SG artwork from 2009 is absolutely stellar. Would have loved to see that on vinyl. The new one is...not very good at all. And it’s bizarre to use an image from a completely different era. But the Quarry one takes the cake. f*** me. Should have been scrapped 10 seconds after it was made. Surely it must be obvious to everyone? Even the folks at BMG?

Taking into consideration the shape the world is in at the moment, these covers and Morrissey’s decision to use them should be the least of our concerns or at least don’t deserve the anger they are stirring up in some folks here.

As Johnny Marr would say ....

‘Get a grip’

:cool:
He can make the grown (?) men cry...

The SG artwork from 2009 is absolutely stellar. Would have loved to see that on vinyl. The new one is...not very good at all. And it’s bizarre to use an image from a completely different era. But the Quarry one takes the cake. f*** me. Should have been scrapped 10 seconds after it was made. Surely it must be obvious to everyone? Even the folks at BMG?
One party, either Morrissey or BMG, is surely sending the other a message: I/we no longer care.

I assume that the huge interest is the digital market rather than physical copies.
Of course, people buys CDs and LPs, but most people use spotify or something similar... so it may make sense for BMG (when it comes to selling music, I assume BMG is wiser than anyone here who thinks he knows a lot about such thing).
WELL YES! Many of us still buy CD and LP formats. Not only because of the music, also because of the art work. In Morrissey's case, many of the all-times-fans enjoy adding those formats to their long time collections. With LP, it is easy to include a code to download a digital version, with CD they can do the same. So you buy a physical format and then, you can have it digital too if you wish. All happy!

Can you imagine the state of the Smiths album re-issues if Morrissey had got hold of them? Just thinking about what covers we might have got gives me the willies.

These look more like knock-offs than re-issues! Whoever designed these artworks must be in primary school.

In the photo of S Grammar Moz's hair is full of gel ..and the pose is not natural ,but Oh those blue eyes....
YATQ's photo is passable, it incredible that they have not chosen among thousands and thousands of beatiful photos that Morrissey has.
But..OH!! Those sad and sweet blue eyes!!!!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom