smiths /morrissey songs on piano

sistasheila

tjekket
im brand brand new learning piano...i was always fascinated by it
of course i wanted to know for those of you who can play the piano..are smiths /morrissey songs difficult?which are easy , which are dificult what makes certain ones difficult?

i see some videos up on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+smiths+piano&aq=f

always thought the refrain to asleep and in "there is a light that never goes out "the da.da-da-dadadada before the chorus( dont know how to decribe it better:blushing:)might be easy to master,but maybe Im fooling myself here there...
anyone who plays piano is welcome to youtube it .where one can accurately watch the fingers from above...some of them has done it...

this is slightly offtopic but i hear different opinions about electric pianos and "real" pianos
of course i cannot afford a real piano but an electric one which surely can be found for 200 euro or so in used condition once i paid off my traveling debts......but hear different opinions of electric piano never will remotely sound like an real ine other saying an electric piano is exactly as good as a real piano...opinions?

Last edited:
There's certainly no need to buy yourself an actual piano or a smaller pianino for home use, especially if you're just practising. It's quite the same thing with guitars, some say a transistor amplifier will never sound quite like a tube one, which, of course, is true, but it's a marginal difference and hardly of any importance to a novice.

I just realised the topic was two months old, Entschuldigungen. But anyway, if it hasn't already, 200 euros should buy a proper sounding synthesizer (make sure it has touch response), certainly with a better sound than cheaper old pianos you could find for low prices.

And about playing Smiths/Moz - the best way to start, I find, would by using guitar chords from sites such as Ultimate-guitar.com and playing after them. It shouldn't take long to learn to play triads on a keyboard. Especially with the Internet on your side. Songs such as Asleep aren't really as simple as they might sound.

thanks very much-so do you play keyboard/piano yourself?

Glad if I helped in any way! I have had some years worth of compulsory lessons as a part of my guitar lessons, yes. But all it takes with the piano is to know a bit of music theory, really, and to have a bit of patience. Possibly the most logical instrument out there! I would recommend to avoid older Casios if you still haven't bought anything. But synthesizers in general are fun to mess about with.

Back
Top Bottom