Smiths and Morrissey colletion - need some advice

heisjustafella

I need advice, I need advice...

I am putting my Smiths and Morrissey record and memrobilia collection up for sale shortly, given these ebay days would you suggest trying to sell it all a collection or individually.

It has been sat in my loft unplayed for years and is all still in really good condition.

Also, if I was to sen you a list, could you give me an honest reflection on expected prices, particularly for some of the more tasty memrobilia items such as whole shirts and signed stuff.

Cheers,
Lee

Lee, I would suggest trying to sell it in pieces. It is more work for you but I think you would make out in the long run. Collectors on here are fair so maybe you want to offer some things up on here first. I've only sold a couple of things but haven't had a problem.

Lee,

You have been thinking about selling your collection for years. Just don't do it! What is money compaired to these precious items. Once you sell them you can never have them back! Just DON'T do it!

Personally, I would sell my collection in pieces, the total sum is more likely to a lot more. Most collectors are just looking for specific items and won't pay extra for a collection just for the few items they actually want.

Also, I would advertise in the Marketplace here first, you're less likely to have to deal with idiots and you won't have to pay ebay. If you are unsure of values, advertise the items up for offers, you don't have to accept the offer if you think it is worth more. Or post you collection here and ask for peoples valuation and take the average as the selling price?

i don't understand people who sell things they personally value for monetary gain. i think the best thing to do is to either keep it or sell it to somebody you know will take care of it for a fair price. i just sold a guy an incredibly rare poster for about 3 times less than i could have received because he had already bought one but it came to him damaged. i still got more than what i paid but he also got a really good deal. just my two cents. i think with collectors the "what goes around, comes around" rule should apply. if you hook people up with good deals, they'll do the same for others and everybody will be happy.

It's not that difficult to understand the rationale of selling for monetary gain if they are broke and needed the cash. That's what I do usually, because I don't really have any other "assets" to sell :o

Post your stuff on the Forum, your items will find a good home:thumb:
Cheers Moz

Back
Top Bottom