Similarities and Differences between yourself and Morrissey

I can't speak for anyone else, but much of the reason I enjoy Morrissey's songs, apart from the music and melodies etc, is that I often recognise elements of myself in his lyrics, and sometimes when he speaks about himself in interviews also.

So, my question is pretty self-explanatory really: how are you similar (or different) to Morrissey? It can be in any aspect- personality, ways of viewing the world, lifestyle, etc. Forget his fame for the moment -let's not bring up the bedsheets again.

I will answer my own question later. I always find it interesting to hear other people's responses before saying anything myself. :)

Last edited:
hmmm

Morrissey's favourite films and books are very similar to my taste.
I also love animals. :)

However, bank balance is very different.

I've never had a number one single in Switzerland. Neither has Morrissey.

I never finished Finishing School. Neither did Morrissey.

I cannot speak Esperanto like a native. Neither can Morrissey.

I read 'A Taste Of Honey' at school like Morrissey did.
I was born in Lancashire like Morrissey was
I am a male, just like Morrissey is
I was in America last week (on holiday), Morrissey may have been (but not on holiday, he lives there now)
I'm a Blue, he's a red:mad:

Jukebox Jury
sent via Blackberry from Fratton Park, Portsmouth

hmm...

we are both god-like.

i do not consume animals, he does.:mad:

we've been shot by stephen wright in front of the lads club.

his hand writing is not the best. mine is nice.

:straightface::thumb:...I just love how you guys always find amusing thread ideas somehow...This looks promising. C'm'on, Beat the Frink!

We're both trained vocalists, although I must write my own music because my Johnny Marr hasn't come a-knockin' yet :o

I like many of the artists that he likes -- except Kristeen Young :straightface:

I'm going to school to become a librarian -- a job he said he would've rather liked if he hadn't, yknow, become a pop star and everything :rolleyes:

My early schooling experience was terrible, as well :blushing:

There's a poster of himself and Johnny from 1983 on my dorm room wall, as I'm sure there is one on his bedroom wall currently :D

Morrissey didn't finish school, neither did I.

Morrissey refused to leave the house for quite a while when he was a young adult, so did I.

Morrissey loves animals, so do I.

Morrissey wears nail polish, so do I.

Morrissey is amazing, so am I. (Not quite as amazing as he is, but still)

I share most views and opinions with him.

On the other hand he has irish blood and an english heart, I don't.

His birthday is in may, mine is in november. (November spawned a monster)

He's a singer, I am not.

He sold lots of records, I didn't.

He stands on stages, I stand infront of them.

I look exactly the same as him.

Similarities

I've always been secretive about my love life, never discussing anything with anyone. Not even family, so no-one knows whether I'm gay or straight. It's been like this before I became a Morrissey fan. I think I became this way because of my dad.

I love animals.

His opinons on modern pop music/musicians.

Differences

I don't have a problem with meat eaters.

I'm not intelligent.

I can't sing or write songs.

Morrissey did finish school though. He didnt get any qualifications (if that's what you meant), but he finished.

Jukebox Jury

Yeah well, I also finished school, but I didn't get the highest graduation possible, and he didn't either, as far as I know. That's what I meant.

It's also a bit hard to compare, as the school system is different here than in England, but what I meant is that he and I both had a rather hard time at school.

:)

Yeah well, I also finished school, but I didn't get the highest graduation possible, and he didn't either, as far as I know. That's what I meant.

It's also a bit hard to compare, as the school system is different here than in England, but what I meant is that he and I both had a rather hard time at school.

:)

Thanks - understand. Yes in England, we 'finish' school simply by reaching the age of 16 and staying there until June! Then we leave!

Jukebox Jury

Similarities

Some sort of blood line.

We're both surrounded by zombies.

Miserable past with a glimmer of hope for a brighter future that keeps us going.

Differences

He has a weiner, I don't.

He's an awesome writer, I have trouble articulating ideas.

I think I'm more patient, or maybe he's more patient, I don't know, I get confused. :squiffy:

Similarities? None at all. Oh sorry, there is one: we both suffered from depression at a certain point in our lives. That's about it.

Similarities: (In mind, body and soul in part, and in whole)

So how can anybody say, They know how I feel, The only one around here who is me, Is me.

So how can anybody possibly think they know how I feel, Everybody look, See pain, And walk away.

You say, break up the family
And let's begin to live our lives.

So the life I have made
May seem wrong to you
But, I've never been surer.

To someone, somewhere, oh yeah ...

I'm so glad to grow older
To move away from those awful times.

Don't talk to me, no
About people who are "nice"
'Cause I have spent my WHOLE LIFE
in RUINS