Should Uncleskinny be stripped of moderator duties?

Should Uncleskinny be stripped of moderator duties?

• Yes

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely not.

Uncleskinny is the longest serving mod, very resourceful and dedicated.
All the registered users, including mods, are entitled to express their opinions freely in here.

User 001 just joined the forum a month ago, he doesn't know the history.

Absolutely not.

Uncleskinny is the longest serving mod, very resourceful and dedicated.
All the registered users, including mods, are entitled to express their opinions freely in here.

User 001 just joined the forum a month ago, he doesn't know the history.

But if you seemingly have nothing but hatred for Morrissey, and nothing but contempt for anyone that admits to liking any of his new songs, why be a moderator?

But if you seemingly have nothing but hatred for Morrissey, and nothing but contempt for anyone that admits to liking any of his new songs, why be a moderator?

You misunderstand the purpose of a moderator.

He is rather critical for Morrissey's recent work and behaviour, however, has no hatred.
This forum has been leniently moderated.
As long as he does not violate TOS, site administrator won't ask him to step down.

Do you remember that he also contributed to numerous demos and unreleased tracks here?

Last edited:
You misunderstand the purpose of a moderator.

He is rather critical for Morrissey's recent work and behaviour, however, has no hatred.
This forum has been leniently moderated.
As long as he does not violate TOS, site administrator won't ask him to step down.

Do you remember that he also contributed to numerous demos and unreleased tracks here?

None of that changes the fact that Uncleskinny isn't fit to be a moderator Kewpie. I'm pretty sure that you know that.

...He also contributed to numerous demos and unreleased tracks here.
This.
Love or hate Peter, this aspect of his contributions here should never go unnoticed or appreciated.
I could also point out the irony of those who express 'hate' towards him because of his own alleged 'hate', but hey - live & let live.
Regards,
FWD.

Yes, it seems a conflict of interest and puts him in direct opposition to the majority of people populating this site - the people he charmingly calls "unthinking drones". Is it really appropriate for a moderator to insult the members of the very site they are supposed to be moderating?

Yesterday I was told my post was "horseshit", then to "grow a pair", then labelled a troll by this person. This sort of antagonistic behaviour is precisely the opposite of what a moderator should be doing and sets a terrible tone and example. Essentially the main moderator of a Morrissey site takes a strangely sadistic glee in trolling Morrissey fans.

It's a ludicrous situation. Why would you even want to moderate a website dedicated to someone you dislike so intensely? I don't think it does him or the site any favours.

Who cares either way? He's just as entitled to his opinion as the next. It's not called "Morrissey-is-above-criticism-and-must-have-his-hairy-arse-cheeks-kissed-or-else.com. On some level, I enjoy everybody's input here. From the most positive, to the lunatic fringe. So I say no.

None of that changes the fact that Uncleskinny isn't fit to be a moderator Kewpie. I'm pretty sure that you know that.

Kewpie was in this same boat on a much larger scale when this site had a lot more traffic in 06-07. She essentially drove away and/or banned dozens of users that had been with this site for years (and had racked up thousands of posts as it's main contributors to discussion) over petty vendettas she had.

Uncleskinny, to my knowledge, has never abused his power. Using the excuse that he shit talks Morrissey and that, somehow, makes him an unfit moderator is just as infantile as saying David shouldn't run this site because he's banned from concerts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom