Sex n Lyrics 2 - Wide To Receive

Explosive Kegs

Dear God, I LOVE IT!
Lying here wide to receive

Is this lying there with legs wide open, waiting to receive or something else?

Discuss

Has to be a sex thing. He's British, after all. :)

Hope it's about sex spent the last few years getting turned on by those lyrics LOL it will spoil it if it came out that it didn't mean anything remotely dirty

In 1997, there were tour shirts that said "Wide To Receive" on the back... right over your ass at the bottom of the shirt.

It IS about sex, what else would it be?!

Not only the title and the main theme, but also the part "turn on, plug in, and just walk away"... Beautiful music, wonderfully ambigous lyrics. I'm very much into this song nowadays, listening to it in a loop :o

Not only the title and the main theme, but also the part "turn on, plug in, and just walk away"... Beautiful music, wonderfully ambigous lyrics. I'm very much into this song nowadays, listening to it in a loop :o
About an internet-crush?:o But i believe it's bout sex too, or most likely;
both. (or even more)

Yes, yes, the internet crush too. It's full of IT expressions like download, process, unlock, plug in etc. I had the same thoughts too but I couldn't put them into words. Maybe it's not about a real sexual intercourse but something he yearns for, something not physical, unfulfilled but very much desired.

About an internet-crush?:o But i believe it's bout sex too, or most likely;
both. (or even more)

Yes, yes, the internet crush too. It's full of IT expressions like download, process, unlock, plug in etc. I had the same thoughts too but I couldn't put them into words. Maybe it's not about a real sexual intercourse but something he yearns for, something not physical, unfulfilled but very much desired.

You mean Morrissey is into cyber sex?:eek:

It's purposly ambiguous...

I have seen enough American Football on TV to know they have a "Wide Receiver" or something like that - isn't he out "Wide" waiting to "receive" the ball?

It's also a radio term - wide receive scanners, for example. You can set them to a wide band receiving mode. "Wide to receive"

I'm rambling now....:confused:

EDIT: It's obviously about sex...:D

Yes, i think so:)
+
He was still a virgin in 1997, wasn he?:p

Since you are from Brussles, can I just mention to you that you have the most insane taxi drivers in the world there! I thought I was going to die everytime I was in a cab, and none of them went below 90mph on even the tiniest street. One guys was looking over his shoulder at about 60, and almost smacked a van that pulled out in front of us. Whats wrong with all of the taxi drivers in your city? They are all f***ing insane!! Although I must say, lights and illuminations in the main square at Christmas time are amazing. Even weirder with the weird ambient/trance music they were playing. I'm glad we survived the ride there!

Back
Top Bottom