Sat Jan 26th - HDIF plays "The Queen Is Dead" at Smiths special at 100 Club!

ianw

Hello!

To coincide with Morrissey's residency at the Roundhouse, we're holding a special one-off HDIF at the 100 Club on Saturday January 26th. The night will be a Smiths special, and we'll be playing all of "The Queen Is Dead", in order, from 12.30am onwards! Doors are at 9pm, guest DJ, to be announced, will be on from 10.30pm-midnight as normal, and the night ends at 3am.

Tickets are £6 in advance, and £6 for non members and £4 for members on the night. Advance tickets are available now from: http://www.wegottickets.com/event/24861

I am ridiculously excited by the prospect of this. To hold HDIF at the home of the famous 6Ts northern soul all-nighters, and the venue that's played host to countless numbers of HDIF heroes from the Stones and The Kinks to Jackie Wilson is a dream come true.

I hope you can come along!

Ian x

-----------

How Does It Feel To Be Loved?
100 Club, 100 Oxford Street, London W1
9pm-3am, £6 adv. On the night: £6 non members, £4 members.
London's premier indie pop and soul club presents a Smiths special,
featuring all of "The Queen Is Dead", played in order, from 12.30am onwards.
Guest DJ, from 10.30pm to midnight, to be announced. Advance tickets from http://www.wegottickets.com/event/24861

Hmmm...Quarry Night also on the same night near the venue (near Tuffnel Park tube), hard to choose which one to go. :o

Well they will be very different nights.

The music at Quarry will always be Morrissey or The Smiths.

If you would rather hear a variety of other music with the Queen is Dead Played at 12.30am then I guess HDIF is the place.

There are mixed views on that one. Some people don't want to hear The Smiths and Morrissey all night but the policy at Quarry is strictly Morrissey and The Smiths.

And of course the Quarry night is close to The Roundhouse.

But then I may be a little biased :)

Mike's right - our nights are very different. You'll get more variety at HDIF - lots of soul and sixties stuff alongside the indie pop. You'll be in Moz heaven at Quarry Night! Both are excellent nights, in my humble opinion - you won't go far wrong whichever one you choose!
:)

We're very pleased to announce that the guest DJ for the HDIF Smiths Special at the 100 Club will be Bob Stanley of Saint Etienne fame. Bob will DJ from 10.30-midnight, then we'll be playing all of "The Queen Is Dead", in order, from 12.30am onwards.

Back
Top Bottom