Sandie Shaw on being pals with Morrissey in Metro

A sort of update on this, not sure if it's news-worthy in itself. From an interview with Sandie in today's Metro newspaper (commuter newspaper in the UK):

Sandie Shaw on Eurovision, Bonnie Tyler and Morrissey - Metro

Metro: Are you still pals with Morrissey?

Sandie Shaw: Is anyone? I don’t know what goes on in the man’s mind nowadays. Although I didn’t when I worked with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
:laughing: I doubt it. He's gay!

Last edited:
Is she the one where there was a story that he met her daughter and the daughter was real shy behind the couch or something?

:laughing: I doubt it. He's gay!

If you look at the old videos of them together, he clearly has stars in his eyes for her. It's incredibly obvious! She seemed to enjoy and be amused by his worship. I wonder if something may have happened.

I don't recall the taxi story?! If you know, please share. :p

As for him being gay( that old topic...lol), having romantic relationships with men does not definitively make a person gay or eliminate the possibility of having an attraction or romantic interaction with a woman. Just sayin.

- - - Updated - - -

He's a total lezbo, through and through.

Dusty Springfield 's voice was way better than hers, IMHO.

Cheers Moz

talent wise he eclipsed her very very early on. she was flattered by their attention but lets face it shes never written a song in her life, and probaby couldnt if she tried. didnt hear her complaining to hard when the smiths resurected her in the 80's biting the hand that feeds isnt attractive sandie.

How can she compare herself to Dusty? I like them both a lot, but -hey!- Dusty is miles better!! I found Sandie's comments a bit bitchy. I would think she would make better comments after she's been working with him for her own benefit. She is a Buddhist and a counsellor now, but she sounds like a non very intelligent celebrity in that interview.

talent wise he eclipsed her very very early on. she was flattered by their attention but lets face it shes never written a song in her life, and probaby couldnt if she tried. didnt hear her complaining to hard when the smiths resurected her in the 80's biting the hand that feeds isnt attractive sandie.

Oh, she's written songs...

Thank you for answering my question Sandie :p
I think Morrissey has always had a thing for older ladies :D

If you look at the old videos of them together, he clearly has stars in his eyes for her. It's incredibly obvious! She seemed to enjoy and be amused by his worship. I wonder if something may have happened.

As for him being gay( that old topic...lol), having romantic relationships with men does not definitively make a person gay or eliminate the possibility of having an attraction or romantic interaction with a woman. Just sayin.

- - - Updated - - -

He was a huge fan of her work and obviously felt starstruck about her in that respect, but not any more than he liked the Marvelettes or Patti Smith or Nico and all the rest. It doesn't equate to sexual attraction - I think that's wishful thinking on her part more than anything else. She's almost old enough to be his mother; she wanted to think that he fancied her and that his world revolved around her. Have you read the lyrics to "Take Him"? I think it was rather the other way around.

- - - Updated - - -

All I see between them is a seriously awkward, cringeworthy mother-son sort of dynamic.
A woman Morrissey fancied the absolute pants off? ...

He was a huge fan of her work and obviously felt starstruck about her in that respect, but not any more than he liked the Marvelettes or Patti Smith or Nico and all the rest. It doesn't equate to sexual attraction - I think that's wishful thinking on her part more than anything else. She's almost old enough to be his mother; she wanted to think that he fancied her and that his world revolved around her. Have you read the lyrics to "Take Him"? I think it was rather the other way around.

Possibly, but we don't what happened between them.

Possibly, but we don't what happened between them.

We'll have to wait for Morrissey's autobiography...lol! I'll kill him if he leaves out these type of details (what we really want to know) and just complains about the music industry and monarchy for 800 pages:lbf:

We'll have to wait for Morrissey's autobiography...lol! I'll kill him if he leaves out these type of details (what we really want to know) and just complains about the music industry and monarchy for 800 pages:lbf:

That's certainly the definition wishful thinking lol!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom