Sandie Shaw BBC Session 26-07-86 Hand In Glove BBC6 Music Listen Again

george barker

I am lost without PJLM info, so don't know if this has been released officially, please excuse if it has.

BBC Session, track duration 3mins 45secs approx. (most versions are under 3mins)
It may be of interest. No talking over beginning or end of track.

Listen Again:-

Gideon Coe, 14-05-13, BBC6 Music, at approx 90mins. from the beginning.

Sandie Shaw + Smiths (not Morrissey), BBC Session, 26-07-86, Hand In Glove.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01sfkx3

Re: Sandie Shaw + Smiths BBC Session 26-07-86 Hand In Glove BBC6 Music Listen Again

You got me all over-excited with this, but I don't believe there were any Smiths in the room during this session. She was touring at the time with members of an indie band called JoBoxers, so it is probably them. They co-wrote Sandie's song Go, Johnny, Go, which is about Johnny Marr.

I'm sure some people will be interested to hear it, though.

Last edited:
Re: Sandie Shaw BBC Session 26-07-86 Hand In Glove BBC6 Music

You got me all over-excited with this, but I don't believe there were any Smiths in the room during this session. She was touring at the time with members of an indie band called JoBoxers, so it is probably them. They co-wrote Sandie's song Go, Johnny, Go, which is about Johnny Marr.

I'm sure some people will be interested to hear it, though.

Well spotted, after finishing 20th July 1986 Salford University gig, Smiths started North American tour.

Re: Sandie Shaw BBC Session 26-07-86 Hand In Glove BBC6 Music

Thank you for this info, as they played in Canada on July 30th, it is unlikely.
I shouldn't take, at face value, what radio presenters say!

Perhaps the mods could amend the title and move it to 'other music' to avoid further confusion.

Thanks alot.

Back
Top Bottom