Morrissey Central "RW." (April 5, 2020)

Isn't Morrissey on record as saying he likes everything about Robbie Williams apart from the songs?

I'm certain I remember reading they were supposed to duet on 'I Like You' at the BRIT awards circa 2004 or something? There's also the story of RW sticking speakers outside of his window in his house in LA and playing 'Suedehead' when being harassed by the papz.

Robbie should absolutely cover a Morrissey song, I reckon he'd do a great job on First Of The Gang! Also I seen an interview with Rick Astley recently and he said he'd love to do a gig of just Smiths songs...actually saw Rick in concert last year and on one of the songs he had the picture of him and Moz together as a backdrop (along with other images). The picture that was taken when they were on TOTP together and Moz used it on the re-release of Last Of The Famous International Playboys.
Yes, Rick Astley is a fine singer. And he could do Morrissey some justice with a cover of... well Alma Matters would suit Rick I think. Actually, that is a great, great song which arguably underperformed in the charts: perfect!

i have the impression that it is the "ridiculous people" who attach themselves to him, coz they want to feed from the breast of his stately public image that he has built up and maintained for decades, despite the criticism.
but how can one get rid of these clowns in a professional way without making them hate you for that?

That does sound more likely. The entire centre-right to far right tried to get him to engage with them to no avail in 2018/19 & it's only AMW who keeps linking herself to him while he's ghosting her.

Yes, Rick Astley is a fine singer. And he could do Morrissey some justice with a cover of... well Alma Matters would suit Rick I think. Actually, that is a great, great song which arguably underperformed in the charts: perfect!
Yeah Alma Matters is a fantastic song and would make my Moz top 10, I remember when it was released it was all over the radio with plenty airplay plus Moz and the band looked great on TOTP.....Moz with short haircut and dance that he invented specifically for Alma Matters AND Roy's Keen.

That does sound more likely. The entire centre-right to far right tried to get him to engage with them to no avail in 2018/19 & it's only AMW who keeps linking herself to him while he's ghosting her.
Don't remember any of that trying to engage stuff from others, can you elaborate?

Yeah Alma Matters is a fantastic song and would make my Moz top 10, I remember when it was released it was all over the radio with plenty airplay plus Moz and the band looked great on TOTP.....Moz with short haircut and dance that he invented specifically for Alma Matters AND Roy's Keen.
Ha! I think I remember the dance. An alluring wriggle? It was all in the hips.

Ha! I think I remember the dance. An alluring wriggle? It was all in the hips.
Indeed! It was if he had reinvented himself when he appeared with the different style of haircut, a kinda smart casual look and that dance as you say was alluring with the hip sway plus confident arm movements, only Moz could surprise us like that ?

Don't remember any of that trying to engage stuff from others, can you elaborate?
Is Nerak referring to the young alt-right whippersnapper, on YouTube, who claimed to be getting very close to sealing an interview? I think it got its own thread on here.

The stories their platforms ran were pitched at him joining the fold, until he didn't, then they pivoted towards him being odd or not bothering with him at all.

And I know he's had interview requests/pitches because you hear it around (& anyway, he obviously would).

Is Nerak referring to the young alt-right whippersnapper, on YouTube, who claimed to be getting very close to sealing an interview? I think it got its own thread on here.

They were all chasing him. It's normal for a cancelled celebrity to turn up on one of the skeptic/libertarian platforms or on one of the conservative/horrifying ones. Or do the whole circuit.

It would have made his life both easier & worse. He'd probably come across as outraged by liberal hypocrisy rather than as a racist/fascist & would gain more stealth supporters, but he'd also generate more problematique hot-takes & that would make us all suffer.

The stories their platforms ran were pitched at him joining the fold, until he didn't, then they pivoted towards him being odd or not bothering with him at all.

And I know he's had interview requests/pitches because you hear it around (& anyway, he obviously would).
Not aware of this surge towards him from forces trying to pull him into the darkside, it's only 2 years since he talked politics and the negatives that surrounded the cancelled summer tour for example were the leftie bullshit brigade. Your rewriting history...AGAIN!!!

They were all chasing him. It's normal for a cancelled celebrity to turn up on one of the skeptic/libertarian platforms or on one of the conservative/horrifying ones. Or do the whole circuit.

It would have made his life both easier & worse. He'd probably come across as outraged by liberal hypocrisy rather than as a racist/fascist & would gain more stealth supporters, but he'd also generate more problematique hot-takes & that would make us all suffer.
Is anybody else struggling to understand or recognise what the hell you're on about? You are in a strange wee world of your own and Morrissey I doubt has a clue what your on about either?

Not aware of this surge towards him from forces trying to pull him into the darkside, it's only 2 years since he talked politics and the negatives that surrounded the cancelled summer tour for example were the leftie bullshit brigade. Your rewriting history...AGAIN!!!

I'm not rewriting history, you're ignoring how media works.

Is anybody else struggling to understand or recognise what the hell you're on about? You are in a strange wee world of your own and Morrissey I doubt has a clue what your on about either?

I'm in the world of comms.

And it's very likely he doesn't have a clue what we're on about.

I'm not rewriting history, you're ignoring how media works.
If you can provide some examples as I'm certainly not ignoring anything, I just don't remember the situation the same way as you do. In your previous post you just generalised without giving examples so if you know any can you provide them to back up your original point?

As far as I know they were kind of friends. Robbie is certainly a fan and this was great and very funny but some people just see what they wanna see.

they have never been friends. Where the hell do you people get your info form?
Morrissey didnt say he liked his look/image. He said some of the photos are nice.
Also this was Robbie singing lots of songs not just Morrissey songs .
So its hardly him giving a great defence. No whatmean

Robbie should absolutely cover a Morrissey song, I reckon he'd do a great job on First Of The Gang! Also I seen an interview with Rick Astley recently and he said he'd love to do a gig of just Smiths songs...actually saw Rick in concert last year and on one of the songs he had the picture of him and Moz together as a backdrop (along with other images). The picture that was taken when they were on TOTP together and Moz used it on the re-release of Last Of The Famous International Playboys.

Welcome to the new fan base , where they think it would be swell for Robbie to cover Moz
The exact musical act Moz used to lord it over and used to laugh at .
Some people seem to have no idea about the heights Moz reached it seems.
The sad thing is , I wouldn't be surprised if Moz ends up supporting robbie, as a way to stay in the industry. I mean , he is already posting things from a tribute act.
That said I wouldnt be surprised if Bobbie Don't You Think They Know is a cruel dig at Robbie, as rob still loves the drugs and is obv gay for Moz .

As for Robbie looking like Morrissey, he kind of does , over the last couple of years, after having lots of plastic surgery . Not the young attractive Moz though . the 55 year old onwards version . Which is a bit sad when you are only 45

Welcome to the new fan base , where they think it would be swell for Robbie to cover Moz
The exact musical act Moz used to lord it over and used to laugh at .
Some people seem to have no idea about the heights Moz reached it seems.
The sad thing is , I wouldn't be surprised if Moz ends up supporting robbie, as a way to stay in the industry. I mean , he is already posting things from a tribute act.
That said I wouldnt be surprised if Bobbie Don't You Think They Know is a cruel dig at Robbie, as rob still loves the drugs and is obv gay for Moz .

As for Robbie looking like Morrissey, he kind of does , over the last couple of years, after having lots of plastic surgery . Not the young attractive Moz though . the 55 year old onwards version . Which is a bit sad when you are only 45
I posted the post you refer to and I've been on board following The Smiths from the start right through to present day Morrissey so your assumptions are wrong about me. Robbie covering a Moz song would be a nod to the man himself not bizarrely the other way round as you suggest. I'm completely aware of Moz's stature within the music industry, he's royalty! I certainly can't see Moz supporting anyone and why would he? He is an inspiration to guys like Robbie, Rick and millions of others, myself included, he's a LEGEND.

If you can provide some examples as I'm certainly not ignoring anything, I just don't remember the situation the same way as you do. In your previous post you just generalised without giving examples so if you know any can you provide them to back up your original point?

I'd have to search back, I haven't reached the stage I'm keeping a Moz file.

It's the usual suspects, The Spectator at the respectable end, Spiked in the middle & Rebel Media towards the God Awful end... plus unHerd & Quillete in the twilight zone.

Think Laurence Fox's media journey but with more North Americans.

I posted the post you refer to and I've been on board following The Smiths from the start right through to present day Morrissey so your assumptions are wrong about me. Robbie covering a Moz song would be a nod to the man himself not bizarrely the other way round as you suggest. I'm completely aware of Moz's stature within the music industry, he's royalty! I certainly can't see Moz supporting anyone and why would he? He is an inspiration to guys like Robbie, Rick and millions of others, myself included, he's a LEGEND.

Bowie once called Robbie " cruise ship entertainment " which is spot on .
My point is Moz at one point was way up there, true legend status. Not far from Bowie and Lennon status, in a way . He will be again, in the end.
Not at the moment though . People thinking its a good idea Robbie and Rick may cover his work, is a bit sad. I agree Moz is a fan to a wide range of people but its a bit of a come down, sorry if that makes me a music snob.
It's like Liam G once said " Robbie is alright , he's just shit" . To me pop stars like Robbie and Rick are crap. Bland peoples music.Thats not to say I dislike them as people.

Robbie has spent the last 20 years trying to copy, Morrissey . Stealing lines from songs, copying photo poses and so on, even now getting plastic surgery- when Moz said he thought some of Robbies pictures were good, he probably meant the ones trying to be like him, as a joke.
From what I can make out , there is no real understanding of Morrissey there . Robbie just wants to be like him, to have his cred.Like he tried with Oasis and Queen.

I took your post as a starting off point, I was saying I wouldn't be surprised , if at some point in the future Morrissey has to rely on opening for acts like Robbie, in the UK.
I also wouldn't be surprised if Bobby (short for Robert) ...is about Robbie, drug issue etc , due to running from his gayness.
Not attacking you or anyone else. Just spouting off , as like most of the work Im stuck in.

By the way , on reflection, I dont think Robbie looks like Morrissey at all .Rob looks like a cross between Elton John and Grant Mitchell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom