Ruby Murray

j funk

.co.uk
This is Cockney Rhyming slang for a curry. I am employing this cryptolect to avoid having my thread merged with previous cooking ones.

Anyway, I want one.

Homemade ones often end up being just a collection of coursely chopped vegetables in a spicy tomato sauce. I don't really want that. Something a bit smoother / creamier would be nice. I could do a Thai style thing, but if I go out for coconut etc. I'll come back with a 'readymeal'.

I've got all sorts of veg though, and various spices. I just need some ideas for something I can create fitting my specification.

Thanks

x

This is Cockney Rhyming slang for a curry. I am employing this cryptolect to avoid having my thread merged with previous cooking ones.

all I know is "Bristol Cities"

I attempted this but got as far as looking at all the things I had to peel and gave up. The rice is on though.

What can I do with rice that's easy? Egg fried? I don't mind chopping a few veg either.

I attempted this but got as far as looking at all the things I had to peel and gave up. The rice is on though.

What can I do with rice that's easy? Egg fried? I don't mind chopping a few veg either.

Chop up a few vegetables, fry them a bit with the rice, add a lot of eggs and cheese and make a lovely omelette. Tonights dinner and tomorrows breakfast sorted.

Or throw it all down the toilet.

Mrs Skinny may be made redundant tomorrow - it's been a long process. If she is not (and it's a straight fight between her and another bloke), we are off to the local curry-hole for a slap-up feed. With beer. When you live near Bradford, you cannot go wrong for curries. Jukebox will tell you different, he's taken me up the curry-mile in Rusholme before. Does that sound rude?

Peter

Mrs Skinny may be made redundant tomorrow - it's been a long process. If she is not (and it's a straight fight between her and another bloke), we are off to the local curry-hole for a slap-up feed. With beer. When you live near Bradford, you cannot go wrong for curries. Jukebox will tell you different, he's taken me up the curry-mile in Rusholme before. Does that sound rude?

Peter

Who was the receiver?:lbf:

Peter

Very much so.

Despite her perilous situation, my good lady has just accused me of being the reincarnation of Sid James. Yakyakyakyak. By the way, in related news, Peter Rogers has just died. He paid his stars peanuts, but left a wonderful legacy.

Peter

Did the curry after all. Thought if I'm chopping shit for a stir fry I might as go the whole hog.

It was a triumph. My mouth is still on fire though. I overestimated the cooling properties of the yoghurt.

Did the curry after all. Thought if I'm chopping shit for a stir fry I might as go the whole hog.

It was a triumph. My mouth is still on fire though. I overestimated the cooling properties of the yoghurt.

<scientician>

The active ingredient of chilli is capsaicin. Capsaicin is a hydrophobic molecule, that's to say, it's fat-soluble, rather than water-soluble. Which means you can drink all the water you like, it won't make a scrap of difference to your chilli-induced fire-mouth. Things that dissolve fat will, though. Beer contains around 4% alcohol, which dissolves fat, so that will help. Yoghurt contains fat, so that will help.

</scientician>

Peter

My cat "Willow" does ready made curries in her litter tray every other day.They are usually hot and steaming, so no need to pop anything in the oven.:D

Back
Top Bottom