Morrissey Central RINGLEADER DELUXE ! (July 17, 2020)

Morrissey’s third UK number 1 album ‘Ringleader of the Tormentors’ will be issued this year by BMG for the first time.The album is presently being ‘rebooted’ by producer Tony Visconti and will feature more sections by Ennio Morricone and his orchestra from the 2005 sessions in Rome, plus a photographic booklet.The original album featured four UK hit singles, ‘You Have Killed Me’ (Number 3), ‘The Youngest Was The Most Loved’(Number 14), ‘In The Future When All’s Well’ (Number 17), ‘I Just Want To See The Boy Happy’ (Number 16).

full

What I remember is that Salzman worked on the project for few days , then left. The band (Boz , Alain , Jesse Michael ) proposed to produce themselves but it was a disaster . Then Morrissey asked Visconti to finish (which was not satisfyîng for Tony)

Quotes from Tony sound like it was quite satisfying for him. Or are there some quotes or particular interview you can refer us to ?

Quotes from Tony sound like it was quite satisfying for him. Or are there some quotes or particular interview you can refer us to ?
Here’s a quote from someone who gave the album an honest chance...

“Side A is unlistenable. Don’t bother turning it over. It’s all downhill from here. Put on some music.”

I said rarely, not never! For me, “Little Man What Now” takes the cake as the greatest success with that style of writing. But by the end of the song, Morrissey shifts the focus and makes it about himself. Same with “Spring-Heeled Jim.” You still get the feeling that those songs are about him.
Do you mean “Spring-heeled Jack? I know. It’s hard to keep track of this endless blathering and reliance on male baby-name books for his lyrics. David, Jack, Bobby, Jim-Jim, Glen, Ricky... Oh - wait - that last one was by a real band.

Reissue, repackage. Extra track and a tacky badge.

í say "photographic booklet" all the time. At least twice a day. It's starting to become a problem.

í prefer "re-booted" to "re-imagining", if we are comparing film analogies. Re-imaginings are the kiss of death.
Let's just hope re-booted isn't just a load of old cobblers.

í had been hunting down those old Perou shots that he shot for "The Observer Music Monthly" in January of 2006. í have memories of Perou uploading dozens of alternate shots from the session on to his then spiffy new website in the months afterwards, and of his blogging about the whole awestruck experience of spending a delightfully simpatico couple of days with M. in a wintered Roma. But í'll be blowed if í can find those shots now. And the website is long since 're-booted'.
í must have hidden them well.
Every shot was fifty shades of stunning.

The Perou shots were commissioned by "OMM " to distract attention from the car-crash cover interview with Morrissey conducted by a wasted Douglas Coupland. They also illustrated the first UK press review of "ROTT", by Paul Morley, who may have been on sweeter chemicals than Coupland ~

View attachment 57767

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2006/feb/19/shopping.morrissey

I found some of the Perou pictures in my huge and shockingly chaotic Morrissey "photographic file folder". This might seem a bit excessive but it was a lot of fun sifting through all the photos. I never get tired of Romissey.

Moz_Perou7.jpg

Moz_Perou9.png
Moz_Perou4.jpg

Moz_Perou5.jpg

Moz_Perou11.jpg

Moz_Perou15.jpg

Moz_Perou12.jpg

Moz_Perou1.jpg

Morrissey himself seemed to like these as well, besides the picture of him posing with the Distel LP in the "Very Best of Morrissey" sleeve he also included two Perou shots in the rebooted (aka butchered) deluxe edition of Autobiography, labelling himself "the pastor of pasta" in one of the captions. :)

Last edited:
Bonus:

Andy Fallon also captured the supernatural Rome glow
Moz_AndyFallonRome1.jpg

Moz_AndyFallonRome2.jpg

Moz_AndyFallonRome3.jpg

Moz_AndyFallonRome4.jpg

The following ones were allegedly taken back under slate grey Victorian sky in London, but we'll let it pass...
Moz_AndyFallonLondon1.png

Moz_AndyFallonLondon2.png

Moz_AndyFallonLondon3.png

Moz_AndyFallonLondon4.png

Last edited:
Bonus:

Andy Fallon also captured the supernatural Rome glow
View attachment 57778
View attachment 57779
View attachment 57780
View attachment 57781

The following ones were allegedly taken back under slate grey Victorian sky in London, but we'll let it pass...
View attachment 57782
View attachment 57783
View attachment 57784
View attachment 57785

Fabulouso. Thank You. Excessive? Not in the slightest. Fun of the most natural kind.

í forgot about Fallon. Those are crackers also. Looks like a Roman treeline to me?
And those shots were deployed for probably THE Last Great Interview, with Andrew Male in "MOJO ".
Here's a few more, including a fave, back on-side & bedside with Keats ~

Morrissey Andy Fallon 2006 (ii).jpg

Morrissey Andy Fallon 2006 (iii).jpg

Morrissey Andy Fallon 2006 (i).jpg

And a final Fabio shot. Of Moz dogging it, in a rough old area of Rome ~

Morrissey Fabio Lovino dog Roma 2005+.jpg

Goodnight & Thank You,
~ Father Fusilli.

Off to sleep in my French Cuffs...

Morrissey Bryan Adams Rome 2005.jpg

Attachments

• Morrissey Andy Fallon 2006 (iii).jpg
    Morrissey Andy Fallon 2006 (iii).jpg
    88 KB · Views: 0
I found some of the Perou pictures in my huge and shockingly chaotic Morrissey "photographic file folder". This might seem a bit excessive but it was a lot of fun sifting through all the photos. I never get tired of Romissey.

View attachment 57769
View attachment 57770View attachment 57772
View attachment 57773
View attachment 57774
View attachment 57775
View attachment 57776
View attachment 57777

Morrissey himself seemed to like these as well, besides the picture of him posing with the Distel LP in the "Very Best of Morrissey" sleeve he also included two Perou shots in the rebooted (aka butchered) deluxe edition of Autobiography, labelling himself "the pastor of pasta" in one of the captions. :)
Outstanding pics, Moz and Rome a great combination!

Ignore the idiot, he thinks knows everything with that stupid Bruce Lee avi of his...
mingeboy,wank,bawbag,cocksucker,fuddbag,roaster,and finally fannybaws,anything else.
may perpetual light shine upon you.

Last edited:
Yes it had six new tracks on it that weren't available anywhere else. Quarry Deluxe was more or less the same with the single b-sides as extra.
we are talking about ringleader.
No, nothing else. I think you've summed yourself up there very concisely and accurately.
and the dumpling of the year award goes to.....big pause like davina on big brother........radish noir.

Do you know the backdrop for the London pics, could almost pass for Rome?
The close up was used in an issue of Q Classic and the caption said these were taken in London. That's where I got the information from, but I agree that the scenery looks very Roman, especially the last Fallon shot Joe posted with the light jacket. It looks like that's the same outfit he's wearing in the black and white "London" pictures. So maybe they were mislabelled.

Edit: I took a look at the April 2006 Mojo issue Joe mentioned and this one also seems to be from the same set as the alleged "London" pictures. So it seems that the feeling was right and these were in fact also taken in Rome.

Screenshot_20200718-114739_Drive.jpg

Last edited:
The close up was used in an issue of Q Classic and the caption said these were taken in London. That's where I got the information from, but I agree that the scenery looks very Roman, especially the last Fallon shot Joe posted with the light jacket. It looks like that's the same outfit he's wearing in the black and white "London" pictures. So maybe they were mislabelled.

Edit: I took a look at the April 2006 Mojo issue Joe mentioned and this one also seems to be from the same set as the alleged "London" pictures. So it seems that the feeling was right and these were in fact also taken in Rome.

View attachment 57796
Thanks for info and very interesting it is too. All these photos are really great and would make a nice accompaniment if they are involved in the planned reissue. The talk of this reissue has reignited great memories of the Tormentors gigs and got me hungry for more. I squeezed in Leeds and London before lockdown but need a full blown tour to really get back in the fold.

and the dumpling of the year award goes to.....big pause like davina on big brother........radish noir.
Yeah but my original answer was about World Peace, think we got cross wires somewhere along the thread.

It's amazing how people still go on about this 'reissue repackage' gubbins when it's completely irrelevant in the modern world. Physical releases are just collectors items, it could be Ringleader of the Tormentors or a commemorative coin with his face on it. It makes no odds.

As for the music, everybody streams. Reissue everything weekly for all the good or bad it would do. It's just compressed space on a massive server.

It's amazing how people still go on about this 'reissue repackage' gubbins when it's completely irrelevant in the modern world. Physical releases are just collectors items, it could be Ringleader of the Tormentors or a commemorative coin with his face on it. It makes no odds.

As for the music, everybody streams. Reissue everything weekly for all the good or bad it would do. It's just compressed space on a massive server.
Well your right to a point and who knows how this will go in the future regarding physical releases but at the moment music lovers still want a physical product and really it's the only way for bands to keep a profile. The day the physical product vanishes will be a sad one.

Fabulouso. Thank You. Excessive? Not in the slightest. Fun of the most natural kind.

í forgot about Fallon. Those are crackers also. Looks like a Roman treeline to me?
And those shots were deployed for probably THE Last Great Interview, with Andrew Male in "MOJO ".
Here's a few more, including a fave, back on-side & bedside with Keats ~

View attachment 57787
View attachment 57788
View attachment 57790

And a final Fabio shot. Of Moz dogging it, in a rough old area of Rome ~

View attachment 57791

Goodnight & Thank You,
~ Father Fusilli.

Off to sleep in my French Cuffs...

View attachment 57792

You know what? I did consider including the very fashionable Bryan Adams fashion shots in my post. It seemed a tad too excessive last night, but to hell with that.

Moz_Adams6.jpg

Moz_Adams2.jpg

Moz_Adams1.jpg

Moz_Adams5.jpg

Moz_Adams3.jpg

"Jeans and shoes model's own". Molto alla moda...

Moz_Adams4.jpg

Moz_Adams7.jpg

...and a clean(er) version of what should have been the cover of the Spent The Day In Bed single...
Moz_Adams8.jpg

And the Illiterate of the Year award goes to... YOU!!

You know what? I did consider including the very fashionable Bryan Adams fashion shots in my post. It seemed a tad too excessive last night, but to hell with that.

View attachment 57803
View attachment 57798
View attachment 57797
View attachment 57802
View attachment 57799

"Jeans and shoes model's own". Molto alla moda...

View attachment 57801

View attachment 57804

...and a clean(er) version of what should have been the cover of the Spent The Day In Bed single...
View attachment 57805
All fantastic!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom