ricky gervais - milking comedy and fame?

speedfreaks ball

psychobilly member
the office shot gervais to stardom and yes it was brilliant true genius and without rival but since then? ok extras, well quite funny but not in the league of the office, an awful cartoon thing, just unwatchable! this idiot abroad prog was hilarious for the 1st episode but then grew increasingly samey and predictable very quickly and a barrage of stand up dvds that seem to get dumbed down each time, just think people like gervais hit the big time and will go to any length to stay at the top of the celeb tree, even if it does mean being interviewed by jonothan ross 11456 times on tv and radio.

the office shot gervais to stardom and yes it was brilliant true genius and without rival but since then? ok extras, well quite funny but not in the league of the office, an awful cartoon thing, just unwatchable! this idiot abroad prog was hilarious for the 1st episode but then grew increasingly samey and predictable very quickly and a barrage of stand up dvds that seem to get dumbed down each time, just think people like gervais hit the big time and will go to any length to stay at the top of the celeb tree, even if it does mean being interviewed by jonothan ross 11456 times on tv and radio.

Bang right you are, I've been a massive Gervais fan since 2001 really and over the past 4-5 years he's really become quite mediocre. His old XFM show and The Office and his stuff on the 11 o'Clock show was brilliant, as were his first 2 standup's, but it's like he's resting on his laurels now, not doing things with the same impact and quality.

I mean look at his recent animated show, it's just money for old rope recycling old material from about 5 years ago.

I still adore him and think he's better then most comedy personalities out there but Ricky used to be beyond brilliant at one time. Now he's just, meh.

I watched the cartoon of the XFM show not having heard it the first time. I thought he sounded like a twat bully. All he did was pick on the guy with the interesting theories who was playing straightman. Turned me off. THough I thought he was good in that movie where he sneezed when ghosts walked through him.

I watched the cartoon of the XFM show not having heard it the first time. I thought he sounded like a twat bully. All he did was pick on the guy with the interesting theories who was playing straightman. Turned me off. THough I thought he was good in that movie where he sneezed when ghosts walked through him.

You should be a film and TV critic

Back
Top Bottom