Recreating Islam

god_hates_fags.jpg

Of course religions can be cool! If they promote cool ideas, right? :confused:

No they can't.
Unless you think that racism, homophobia, abusing women and animals, murder and rape are cool ideas.

Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be divided in your midst. And I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women ravished; half of the city shall go into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be removed from the city. (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)

Last edited:
Yes, organised religions are evil.

Hang on a minute Richard Dawkins, you can't just make a comment like that without any form of justification or explanation. I know brevity is your thing, but can you at least provide us with reasons as to why you believe that any form of organised religion is inherently evil? And I mean actual words, not a link to when this topic was discussed sometime last century...

Coiff.

Of course religions can be cool! If they promote cool ideas, right? :confused:

Well tell me what for you would be a 'cool idea' for a religion to promote and which religion that would promote it.:confused:

Jukebox Jury

No they can't.
Unless you think that racism, abusing women and animals, murder and rape are cool ideas.

Of course they're not, but why don't people just recreate all uncivilized religions and make them civilized?

This picture somes it all up..... sadly.....
I know I have pictures of my two girls at the same age wearing City shirts and I brain washed them to be City fans...... but this...... just makes me want to:sick:

How does a parent tell that young girl exactly what that t-shirt means and what a 'fag' is:mad:
Those kids should be in care......

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Well tell me what for you would be a 'cool idea' for a religion to promote and which religion that would promote it.:confused:

Jukebox Jury

Peace, love, tolerance, civil liberties, social justice... I thought some schools of Christianity already promote these ideas!

Peace, love, tolerance, civil liberties, social justice... I thought some schools of Christianity already promote these ideas!

These are basic human ideas. Nothing to do with religion.
Compassion is a human instinct.

Too bad religions make people behave otherwise.

Of course they're not, but why don't people just recreate all uncivilized religions and make them civilized?

Because that would prove that all relegions are invented by humans and that 'god' does not really exist.
Also, there is a lot of money involved in religions, certain people would not wish to change the status quo if it meant their millions and millions becoming under threat.

Jukebox Jury

I love this.

"We're going to continue to live by the word of God. We're just going to revise it a little."

But governments should be promoting these issues, not religions.
It would be nice to have a 'cool' governemt running the country.....

Christianity doesn't promote civil liberties or social justice (for women? Homosexuals? Slavery?)

Jukebox Jury

I think people see a lot of crap in the world and assume that it's directly the fault of religion. It's only going to be a matter of time before someone on this thread says, "9/11 never would have happened if it weren't for those damned muslims." THIS is the ignorance that breeds terrorism. The majority of major world faiths teach respect, tolerance and love. Can their texts (the Bible, the Qur'an) be misinterpreted? Sure they can, and that's what happens when nutcases like bin Laden and Ted Haggard become figures of supposed authority within their religions. Like most systems of thought, religion is open to corruption by people aiming to achieve some political or personal goal, but that doesn't make religion itself evil by definition. Certain followers are evil, just like certain atheists are evil. Get the difference?

Coiff.

Hang on a minute Richard Dawkins, you can't just make a comment like that without any form of justification or explanation. I know brevity is your thing, but can you at least provide us with reasons as to why you believe that any form of organised religion is inherently evil? And I mean actual words, not a link to when this topic was discussed sometime last century...

Coiff.

Clever swine like you know better than me.

Look at Vatican, a Japanese Buddhist organization Soka-gakkai, Scientlogy etc.

Because a "civilized religion" is an oxymoron.

They promote faith. And faith is always lumped in the same group of words that have a good meaning such as compassion, love, fraternity, respect, kindness.

While its actual meaning is blind belief. You must believe without question. And not only that, you must fear god.

Faith is a violence against of one of the most valuable human attributes: reason. It's a violence against free thinking and creativity.

Back
Top Bottom