Random Smiths/Moz thoughts and trivia thread

Vicarinacoma

On Jeane he just sounds awful
On what differences...he's blatantly flat and tuneless at certain parts
Yet he nails the soaring vocal on I know it's over perfectly.
I guess he got better but generally in the early days he wasn't a good singer. Jeane is unlistenable. Luckily it's a pretty lame song. Easily the worst Smiths song although I've not heard I keep mine hidden so...I keep mine hidden features in A Q mag article about crap songs by great bands as the most lamentable Smiths song.

1. Jeane is a great song
2. Where's the trivia?
3. IKMH is also great.

He did sing terribly in the early songs (although the only thing I find genuinely unlistenable is the early incarnation of "Wonderful Woman", i.e What Do You See in Him?) but touring improved his voice dramatically and I remember him commenting as much during the recording of Strangeways. "I Keep Mine Hidden" is definitely worth a listen - not groundbreaking or sonically fantastic, but significant because it was the last ever Moz/Marr original and consequently Moz has a personal soft spot for it.

He did . "I Keep Mine Hidden" is definitely worth a listen - not groundbreaking or sonically fantastic, but significant because it was the last ever Moz/Marr original and consequently Moz has a personal soft spot for it.

I didn't know that. I've bought it as a little Xmas present for myself. You didn't tel me it had whistling on! I thought iTunes had dl the wrong track or something. It seems south on first hearing. I smiths song I've not heard before after 25 yrs of bring a fan! I better not complain.

Back
Top Bottom