"Prince and the Revolution: Live" - iconic gig streaming via Prince YT (from May 14)

Famous when dead

Vulgarian

Beginning Thursday, May 14th at 8:00 p.m. EDT, it will stream on Prince’s YouTube channel for 72 hours (tune in below). Bobby Z. will participate in a pre-show Q&A with fans beginning at 7:00 p.m. EDT.

Proceeds from the livestream will support the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for the World Health Organization. Viewers will have the option to donate, with Google matching each donation up to $5M million.

To coincide with the live stream, the audio from the concert has been remastered by longtime Prince mastering engineer Bernie Grundman, and will be available officially in digital format for the first time beginning Friday, May 15th.

I bought this on VHS many, many moons ago.
Brilliant gig - totally worth watching if you are a fan.
Regards,
FWD.

?
FWD.

Beginning Thursday, May 14th at 8:00 p.m. EDT, it will stream on Prince’s YouTube channel for 72 hours (tune in below). Bobby Z. will participate in a pre-show Q&A with fans beginning at 7:00 p.m. EDT.

Proceeds from the livestream will support the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for the World Health Organization. Viewers will have the option to donate, with Google matching each donation up to $5M million.

To coincide with the live stream, the audio from the concert has been remastered by longtime Prince mastering engineer Bernie Grundman, and will be available officially in digital format for the first time beginning Friday, May 15th.

I bought this on VHS many, many moons ago.
Brilliant gig - totally worth watching if you are a fan.
Regards,
FWD.
Thanks FWD, will have a look. I saw Prince in London in the late 80s - can't remember which tour, I was convinced it was Sign o' The Times but I've just read that one never made it to the UK. I can honestly say it was the best gig I have ever been to, by some margin. Incredible musicianship, acrobatic dancing, drama, sex, umpteen costume changes, unbelievable swagger and great songs. Just astonishing, the amount of talent in one tiny person. A great loss.

Last edited:
Thanks FWD, will have a look. I saw Prince in London in the late 80s - can't remember which tour, I was convinced it was Sign o' The Times but I've just read that one never made it to the UK. I can honestly say it was the best gig I have ever been to, by some margin. Incredible musicianship, acrobatic dancing, drama, sex, umpteen costume changes, unbelievable swagger and great songs. Just astonishing, the amount of talent in one tiny person. A great loss.
Livesexy '88 I attended - was just awesome.
Halcyon days indeed.
Regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom