Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

:lbf:

you would think, huh?! im not good at describing flavours of tea (and in any case i havent had it in years because as you know i can no longer drink tea). i think it's a smoky flavour, more like the campfire the russian caravaners gather around at night than the caravan itself.
Ah, okay, a bit like lapsang souchong? (Which I've always found a bit weird, btw).

sort of like 'sugar plum fairy' tea doesnt actually taste like sugar plum fairies. you cant take these tea names too literally, pep!
Well, I was out of my depth, tea-wise, and looking for tea-related clarification. Good to clear that up. But I'm afraid I've never heard of sugar plum fairy tea, either (and I drink a lot of herb teas). Is that made with real fairies?

Well, I was out of my depth, tea-wise, and looking for tea-related clarification. Good to clear that up. But I'm afraid I've never heard of sugar plum fairy tea, either (and I drink a lot of herb teas). Is that made with real fairies?
NO pep!!! it's a kind of tea that comes out at christmas and it's fanciful name is only meant to make you think of christmas-y things. i THINK.... it's true that i didnt read the ingredients.

Some sort of Chinese smoked tea. It's a quite a popular thing, I think, among tea drinkers. I've had it a couple of times and thought it was a bit disgusting.
have you ever had licorice spice though?!?! now that is some good tea. but you have to like licorice! and flavoured teas. i bet you brits dont like flavoured teas. i bet it's all just straight orange pekoe or whatever for you guys.

NO pep!!! it's a kind of tea that comes out at christmas and it's fanciful name is only meant to make you think of christmas-y things. i THINK.... it's true that i didnt read the ingredients.
Well, maybe you should check. They have to do something with all those left-over Christmas fairies. They probably grind them up into tea for next Christmas. I am fond of telling my kids that my shepherd's pie is made with real shepherds.

have you ever had licorice spice though?!?! now that is some good tea. but you have to like licorice! and flavoured teas. i bet you brits dont like flavoured teas. i bet it's all just straight orange pekoe or whatever for you guys.
No, but I DO like liquorice. And I'm drinking fennel tea at the moment, which is liquoricey. We do have all the flavoured teas - whole bloomin' shelves of them - but I don't always like them as they can be a bit sweet/artificial-tasting for me. I mostly drink peppermint (natch), and ginger tea made with slices of root ginger.

Well, maybe you should check. They have to do something with all those left-over Christmas fairies. They probably grind them up into tea for next Christmas. I am fond of telling my kids that my shepherd's pie is made with real shepherds.
heavens, you're right, i didnt think of that!! i will be checking the ingredients next christmas! if it turns out they're using fairies, someone needs to draw attention to this!

Been talking to friends from lockdown countries and they are saying the same thing. Governments can't get their economies going because people are not interested in living and spending - they can't just switch countries and economies on and off - and a lot of people are scared of living again...
You don't have friends and in July the peasants fly.

i agree that it's probably better to wait in my situation. not in your situation, where you're already in europe and have a place in greece. in your case, you should definitely go first chance. but for me, coming from canada and having to save money, and the flights being costly and a hassle, and not knowing how long ill be living here, or how long ill have my job, it's defo better to wait, to make sure when i do go it's worth it, and im not going to be turned away or subject to silly social distancing measures (hopefully theyll be gone next year! although WHO KNOWS....). and now that im an old bird time just flies by, so having to wait 8 months or whatever is nuthin'! although im not getting any younger, that's FOR SURE!! i developed a NEW line on my forehead just this week and it's a BAD one. i mean, it's only about an inch long and not very deep but it's right high up in the middle of my forehead, and just looks weird there, like it frames the face all wrong. like, some lines can look good on a person if they're in harmony with the contours of the face, but this one is NOT. i need botox, bun bun, like noooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

anyway! i very much hope to be able to see you next year! it would be the highlight of my life! for now, ill just live vicariously through you, which means you've got to pet lots of stray kitties and eat lots of bougatsa, i dont even care if you dont like it as much as baklava.

It would be very lovely to meet next year! <3

Bougatsa eating and kitty-petting can be arranged (the sacrifices I make for you!!!) - if I actually get there. I still can’t believe it’s happening. The way this year is going we’ll probably get hit by an asteroid before Wednesday.

I don’t know what to say about the line on your forehead. I couldn’t possibly understand what you are going through. Don't know if this makes you feel any better but I just stepped on a plug (one of those British ones with three pins that my sister leaves lying around everywhere) on my way to the coffee machine - it really hurt! :-(

It would be very lovely to meet next year! <3

Bougatsa eating and kitty-petting can be arranged (the sacrifices I make for you!!!) - if I actually get there. I still can’t believe it’s happening. The way this year is going we’ll probably get hit by an asteroid before Wednesday.

I don’t know what to say about the line on your forehead. I couldn’t possibly understand what you are going through. Don't know if this makes you feel any better but I just stepped on a plug (one of those British ones with three pins that my sister leaves lying around everywhere) on my way to the coffee machine - it really hurt! :-(
i'd way rather step on a plug than have forehead lines! i'd step on a plug every day of my life not to have forehead lines. still, the idea is a bit horrifying. in my imaginings of what it would be like to step on one of those, the pins go right through your foot. did the pins go right through your foot, bun bun? is your foot okay?

it IS happening, bun bun! as shania twain says "up up up there's no way but up from here". shania knows!

So bored tonight, but I'll take bored, over traumatized. I need to be grateful for the peace I have, and the conveniences, like good plumbing, electricity, TV and tablet/phone, great shoes, good neighbors (knock on wood it stays this way), ebooks, comfortable clothes, pleasing toiletries, food and beverages, and so many other things that are only boring when I take them for granted.

The debilitating fatigue is slowly subsiding. The rest is the same, not better and not worse - so that's good I guess.

I've been sleeping, working a little and making clothes for my niece's bear. Yesterday I managed to play fetch with Big & Smelly! <3
So glad you're feeling a bit better, 12" :thumb: Hope Greece is restorative and fun. I think we all need a bit of fun right now.

Seeing:

Thinking:
Good on them.

Regards,
FWD.

Nice, but just to be slightly pedantic, Cyprus is not a Greek island.
Only the southern part is Greek, with the northern bit being Turkish (TRNC), although the western world, politically, refuses to acknowledge that fact.
Regardless, happy anniversary to both.

heavens, you're right, i didnt think of that!! i will be checking the ingredients next christmas! if it turns out they're using fairies, someone needs to draw attention to this!
It will be an international scandal. Twitter will be in meltdown. People all over the world will 'take the wing' in solidarity. Fairy cakes will be cancelled, as will fairy lights. The statue of Puck in Stratford town centre will be torn down and thrown in the Avon.

Last edited:
Thinking about someone I know who has Dupuytren's Contracture. It's a hand condition that's debilitating.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom