Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

i dont know, pep, all he seems to do is punch people.... i dont quite understand the appeal just yet, but again, ive only watched 2 episodes, i might come to love him!
Awww! Maybe he's just not your thing. It is very British - the humour and cultural references etc - so perhaps it just doesn't translate well.

You'll never escape Morrissey.

Once bitten.

It was when someone said I should throw out all of my Morrissey things because he was toxic poison & I thought about throwing them out because did I need the hassle if people were going to make these judgements & realized it would actually hurt.

Once bitten.

It was when someone said I should throw out all of my Morrissey things because he was toxic poison & I thought about throwing them out because did I need the hassle if people were going to make these judgements & realized it would actually hurt.
Throwing out all The Smiths & Morrissey stuff is absolutely & totally unthinkable to me, & yes, would actually hurt.
People seem to have lost the ability to think for themselves & know their own minds.
These are the songs that saved our lives, afterall...

And when you're dancing and laughing
And finally living
Hear my voice in your head
And think of me kindly

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy's just brought over my drink. I said 'is that a double?' He said 'yes'. I groaned. He said 'that's what you asked for' I said 'I know, but you didn't have to give me one'. I can blame him now if I fall over.
I don't know how you can stomach all that booze. Last time I had a six pack, I noticed that my stomach doesn't like alcohol, not even a slowly sipped beer.

I've had my manager texting me all week while I'm on holiday asking if I've sorted out my IT issues that I had last Friday before I broke up. I tried once to contact the IT helpline during this week, but eventually I gave up. This is a problem of working from home. In the end, I texted him back and said I'd contacted them and requested a new surface pro, but im on holiday, and I'm not prepared to spend any more time on it. . I'm making him feel I'm going slightly mad, by attaching unrelated emojis to my texts. I've sent him a dice, a parrot and a fountain so far. He's only interested in me being able to churn out work when I come back on Monday.
Just don't send him an emoji like this one.
:poop:

I'm two pairs of shoes away from completing my collection. I'll be so glad when the shoe buying is over.

I crave good company, for a walk, but I'm not scheduled to see anyone today or tomorrow. Maybe I'll get some chores done. I have ebooks on true crime to read, but I feel like going for a walk. I am not keen on walking alone though. What is it I'm waiting for? To feel like I'm on PCP to go walking by myself? To feel invincible? An orgasm? I keep saying, "Tomorrow, I'll get on track.", but come morning I find distractions to procrastinate with. Well, I'm saying it again. Tomorrow, I'll get on track. *sigh*

I've had my manager texting me all week while I'm on holiday asking if I've sorted out my IT issues that I had last Friday before I broke up. I tried once to contact the IT helpline during this week, but eventually I gave up. This is a problem of working from home. In the end, I texted him back and said I'd contacted them and requested a new surface pro, but im on holiday, and I'm not prepared to spend any more time on it. . I'm making him feel I'm going slightly mad, by attaching unrelated emojis to my texts. I've sent him a dice, a parrot and a fountain so far. He's only interested in me being able to churn out work when I come back on Monday.

You DO need to sort out your IT issues. But do it your way. I'm not fussed.

Go for your walk, LH. It's hard when you're walking alone, but it does you some good. I've walked on my own so many times. I don't always enjoy it but I know it's doing me some good. I'm like you, I want to get on track again, Loneliness can stop you doing so many things. It can be crippling. Hard as it seems though, we have to get ourselves out of bed and try to do something. It's very hard. But what's the alternative? Just lying in bed and vegetating.
Screenshot_20200709-151430_Firefox.jpg

I've had severe depression for more years than I care to count. I've used drink to mask the fact. It's been hard to distinguish between drunkenness and depression sometimes, and I know if I'd played straight with my employers and not tried to run away, they'd probably be more willing to support me. But when you're down you look for quick fixes. It's not as though I'm going out to party. I'm going out to forget myself. But now they ask me questions about how I'm looking after myself and what I'm doing to help myself and so I'm lying and losing track of what I've said. And they must have so many notes on my work file. If I did come out and say I was drinking, they'd then think that any mistake I made, was down to drink. I have a feeling they're just waiting for me to say that I'm drinking. But I won't. Because my depression makes me behave the way I do. When I was at college and was sober I was still a wreck and unable to function. And I witness many people who are not depressed and can still function with drink.
It's incredible that you manage to keep working despite depression and all the drinking you do. Have you seen a psychiatrist about depression? I saw one decades ago for depression and asked her for talk therapy instead of pills. I got my wish, until their budget dictated that they had to let me go because I wasn't an urgent case. It really helped me to have the talk therapy for over a year though.

Ive tried going down that route, LH, but it didn't work. Noone knows what I go through. No one can calm me down. I've been on edge since the day I was born. It's awful, but it persists. It's dam frustrating. It's stops me concentrating on the things I want to do. It saps me of everything worthwhile. I'm constantly being robbed. It's a sham to have to live and feel like this.
I'm sorry you have to go through being on edge persistently. I hope you find peace.

I'm angry that I have to feel like this ALL THE TIME. I'm angry because I can't see how it benefits anyone. I'm angry because I don't know what I've done to have to feel this way. I'm angry because it seems out of my reach to do anything about it. I'm angry I should have to feel like this. I don't deserve it. Noone does. It's out of order. No one should have to go through this. No one should feel unhappy all the time. Noone should feel unhappy ever. Being unhappy hurts, and noone should have to hurt.

Sounds like you need a HUG Dale!

I don't adhere to all this nonsense about hardship being character building and bringing happiness. I should be ecstatic by now, all the grief I've endured. It's just made me feel worse. It's not building my character, it's undermining me. It's a load of shit. I want happiness now. I don't need to work for it or 'earn' it. I want to feel happy because I know it's the way I should feel to function properly as a human being. Happiness shouldn't be something I have to strive for. It's every f***ers God given right to feel happy all the time.
Good rant :)

I've had severe depression for more years than I care to count. I've used drink to mask the fact. It's been hard to distinguish between drunkenness and depression sometimes, and I know if I'd played straight with my employers and not tried to run away, they'd probably be more willing to support me. But when you're down you look for quick fixes. It's not as though I'm going out to party. I'm going out to forget myself. But now they ask me questions about how I'm looking after myself and what I'm doing to help myself and so I'm lying and losing track of what I've said. And they must have so many notes on my work file. If I did come out and say I was drinking, they'd then think that any mistake I made, was down to drink. I have a feeling they're just waiting for me to say that I'm drinking. But I won't. Because my depression makes me behave the way I do. When I was at college and was sober I was still a wreck and unable to function. And I witness many people who are not depressed and can still function with drink.

I used to drink when things went wrong.....I can't even do that anymore. I'm just resigned to the shittyness of life.

The only premise I can see where real unhappiness is justified is upon the death of someone close to you. That, I think, is what unhappiness was made for. I can't see where it should take any part in any other area of your life. Why have I been mourning for so long then? No one's died yet. Why all the grief? Is it because I know loss is on its way? Do I love people too much and am perhaps chronically grieving before they've even gone? Rather than mourning life am I mourning the end of life?

Dude.

The only premise I can see where real unhappiness is justified is upon the death of someone close to you. That, I think, is what unhappiness was made for. I can't see where it should take any part in any other area of your life. Why have I been mourning for so long then? No one's died yet. Why all the grief? Is it because I know loss is on its way? Do I love people too much and am perhaps chronically grieving before they've even gone? Rather than mourning life am I mourning the end of life?

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom