Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Light Housework

Hunchback of Solow
Subscriber
I don't adhere to all this nonsense about hardship being character building and bringing happiness. I should be ecstatic by now, all the grief I've endured. It's just made me feel worse. It's not building my character, it's undermining me. It's a load of shit. I want happiness now. I don't need to work for it or 'earn' it. I want to feel happy because I know it's the way I should feel to function properly as a human being. Happiness shouldn't be something I have to strive for. It's every fuckers God given right to feel happy all the time.
Good rant :)

Stephen Hofmann

I've had severe depression for more years than I care to count. I've used drink to mask the fact. It's been hard to distinguish between drunkenness and depression sometimes, and I know if I'd played straight with my employers and not tried to run away, they'd probably be more willing to support me. But when you're down you look for quick fixes. It's not as though I'm going out to party. I'm going out to forget myself. But now they ask me questions about how I'm looking after myself and what I'm doing to help myself and so I'm lying and losing track of what I've said. And they must have so many notes on my work file. If I did come out and say I was drinking, they'd then think that any mistake I made, was down to drink. I have a feeling they're just waiting for me to say that I'm drinking. But I won't. Because my depression makes me behave the way I do. When I was at college and was sober I was still a wreck and unable to function. And I witness many people who are not depressed and can still function with drink.
I used to drink when things went wrong.....I can't even do that anymore. I'm just resigned to the shittyness of life.

rifke

team bougatsa
Awww! Maybe he's just not your thing. It is very British - the humour and cultural references etc - so perhaps it just doesn't translate well.
i get your guys' sense of humour, pep! :( there werent any references i didnt get! (i dont think... unless i didnt get them). gee, pep, now i feel determined to find it funny.

ThePoliticalRevolution

The only premise I can see where real unhappiness is justified is upon the death of someone close to you. That, I think, is what unhappiness was made for. I can't see where it should take any part in any other area of your life. Why have I been mourning for so long then? No one's died yet. Why all the grief? Is it because I know loss is on its way? Do I love people too much and am perhaps chronically grieving before they've even gone? Rather than mourning life am I mourning the end of life?
Dude.

Light Housework

Hunchback of Solow
Subscriber
The only premise I can see where real unhappiness is justified is upon the death of someone close to you. That, I think, is what unhappiness was made for. I can't see where it should take any part in any other area of your life. Why have I been mourning for so long then? No one's died yet. Why all the grief? Is it because I know loss is on its way? Do I love people too much and am perhaps chronically grieving before they've even gone? Rather than mourning life am I mourning the end of life?

rifke

team bougatsa
It made a world of difference for me. There's a seal under the cap, and I didn't tamper with it. Did you throw it away?
View attachment 57564
no, but i had to leave it behind when i left my place (along with a multitude of other things i wish i still had). i was not paranoid that you had tampered with it.

i like licorice spice tea best! a lot of people dont though so probably not a good one to give somebody. if it's a gift i'd give them something better than grocery store tea. you have a murchies there right? they have nice little sample packs for only five dollars each, with flavours like lavendar and russian caravan (which has always been a hit when ive given it).

1594359900659.png

if you wanna be classy that is. up to you!

Last edited:

rifke

team bougatsa
got my dress from greece! god ups was a fucking headache to deal with. first there was a glitch with the system where it wouldnt allow me to pay my import fees. then there was a glitch so it wouldnt allow me to change my delivery date to a date when i would actually be home. i finally managed to make a request so that i would pick the package up from a ups access point, but that request was totally ignored and delivered to my house anyway and on the date it was not scheduled to be delivered. first it was sent from athens to richmond, bc, where it is normally then sent on to victoria. except, this time, after richmond it was sent to philadelphia, kentucky, and then finally to victoria. but i got it, nevertheless, and am VERY impressed--that is, with the dress (it shimmers like the aegean!), NOT ups. why are greek import fees so cheap? whenever i order anything from the states the import fees are about 30%. the import fees on this, i calculated to be about 10%. from now on i think ill order ALL my clothes from bsb in greece. i dont see why the hell i shouldnt. it solves my problem of clothes buying by both being inspirational (which the clothes here are definitely NOT) AND affordable. and i just like the comic value of telling people quite seriously that i only buy clothing from greece.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Top Bottom