Post Millennial: "Morrissey: How did the ultimate anti-establishment artist make it against all odds?" by Fiona Dodwell (October 17, 2020)

"We have become acclimatized to safe public figures who brand themselves as a commodity like a soft drink, palatable at first but devoid of any substantial nourishment."

FWD.

UPDATE Oct. 18:

Posted by Nerak:

It's now linked on Central.

With a Linder photo.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Your profile says you joined this June.

Go & find something useful to do with your time instead.

I created a username in June, duh. 🙄

And I am doing something useful with my time. I’m a college professor. I’m helping to educate people so they don’t turn out like you.

I created a username in June, duh. 🙄

And I am doing something useful with my time. I’m a college professor. I’m helping to educate people so they don’t turn out like you.

You seem very immature for a college professor. God help your students.

You seem very immature for a college professor. God help your students.
You seem very immature irrespective of what your profession is. I mean, do you ever post anything that isn't either an abusive, insulting attempt at putting down people with whom you don't agree, or some sort of tantrum? Your recent posting history suggests that you don't, therefore your accusing someone else of immaturity is at best a bit rich.

You seem very immature irrespective of what your profession is. I mean, do you ever post anything that isn't either an abusive, insulting attempt at putting down people with whom you don't agree, or some sort of tantrum? Your recent posting history suggests that you don't, therefore your accusing someone else of immaturity is at best a bit rich.
o_O No I think your confusing snoddywilko with someone else on 'ere...:barf:the one who's a lover of the puerile and absurd...punnage dude :mock:

You are Angelito and I claim my £25 book voucher.

You're going along with the press framing now - which seems a waste after nearly 40 years.
You are being presumptuous! I don`t give a damn about the press. I just listened to the man himself and read his Autobiography, etc. It is very easy to accuse someone of laziness. So, everyone who once was on his side (Sparks, Tim Booth, Billy Bragg,.....) went along with the press framing. Wow! There are thousands. How come? There are so many stupid people out there who don`t get what M. really means, huh? If someone is misunderstood permanently it might be the "speaker`s" fault. Morrissey uses the press as much as he feels mistreated by it. He is a living contradiction, which makes him interesting, no doubt about it. But don`t fall for the easy answers! I never did.

Arguably, he hasn't made it against all the odds - he's lost it against all the odds.
- autumn, 2017 - biggest radio hit of his career
- spring, 2018 - most successful tour of his career (solo of Smith)
- later in spring 2018 - urges everyone who's ever followed him to support a protect-the-rich, pro-military, climate change denying far-right political group
- spring 2019 - confirms his support for the party by wearing their emblem at his concerts
- later in spring 2019 - re-confirms his support by promoting their emblem to millions on live TV
- spring 2020 - 70% of the album-buying fanbase abandons him resulting in worst ever sales, virtually zero support from UK radio, and indie clubs/shops/websites across the land refuse to stock or play his stuff. 50% of concert-attending fanbase deserts him - a tiny two-date arena tour playing to half empty halls.
If this is 'making it', I'd hate to see Fiona's definition of failure.

Arguably, he hasn't made it against all the odds - he's lost it against all the odds.
- autumn, 2017 - biggest radio hit of his career
- spring, 2018 - most successful tour of his career (solo of Smith)
- later in spring 2018 - urges everyone who's ever followed him to support a protect-the-rich, pro-military, climate change denying far-right political group
- spring 2019 - confirms his support for the party by wearing their emblem at his concerts
- later in spring 2019 - re-confirms his support by promoting their emblem to millions on live TV
- spring 2020 - 70% of the album-buying fanbase abandons him resulting in worst ever sales, virtually zero support from UK radio, and indie clubs/shops/websites across the land refuse to stock or play his stuff. 50% of concert-attending fanbase deserts him - a tiny two-date arena tour playing to half empty halls.
If this is 'making it', I'd hate to see Fiona's definition of failure.
Mr Broken Record alert!!!

Just to show that all is fair in love and war.
Or live and hate whatever
Some comments are utterly ludicrous.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom