POLL - What do you think of 'My love, I'd do anything for you'

What do you think of 'My Love I'd do Anything for You'?

• 5/5 - close to perfect, one of the best things he's ever done (Smith or Morrissey)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 4/5 - a really good Morrissey single

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • 3/5 - an average Morrissey song (OK for an album, not single material)

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • 2/5 - a poor quality song (listenable if heard occasionally)

• 1/5 - an awful song - would turn off or change stations if played on the radio

• Total voters
I think it's a three and a half for me. I think the interest in it being a sorta new sound for morrissey makes it above average but i don't have it going round my head like when you open your legs currently is and I don't get the rush like when home is a question mark creshendos

It grew on me after a couple of listens. I can see it being Morrissey's own choice for a single - in the same kind of way that I think "Skull" shouldn't have been a single, but he put it out anyway.

the music drowned out his voice a bit in berlin so cant really judge till I hear the album version.

To me I think it’s up there with I Will See You In Far Off Places as one of his best album opening tracks.

Good song, good opener on the album but don't consider it to be a candidate for a single.
There are better songs for that specific goal.
But it will grow and has the same potential as "Skull" and "Far-off Places".
And becoming a life favourite as it adds some pepper and liveliness to the concerts when needed.

Back
Top Bottom