Morrissey Central "Parlophone Records" (August 31, 2020)

unnamed.jpg

Parlophone Records will release a 7-inch version of Morrissey’s “That’s Entertainment” in October.
The recording is not the aborted version from 1994, but retains the original Morrissey vocal.New instrumentation and vocals have been added. The song is a cover version of the 45 issued by The Jam and written by Paul Weller.The flipside of the single is a re-mixed version of Morrissey and David Bowie dueting on Marc Bolan’s’Cosmic Dancer’. The live recording has been newly produced by Boz Boorer, and was recorded in Los Angeles.+ above photograph of Morrissey with his mother in Manchester, 1967.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love a rum toddy in wintertime, but that's just rum with hot water.

Oh, that sounds nice. Is it winter o'clock yet?

í love my dark rum. Probably my favourite tipple. Apparently this is due to the long history of Seamen in my family...

Oh, that sounds nice. Is it winter o'clock yet?

í love my dark rum. Probably my favourite tipple. Apparently this is due to the long history of Seamen in my family...

It certainly feels like winter here, rain tipping down all day. It's always winter somewhere, I suppose, but I also don't want to skip autumn because autumn is red wine and punch season.

This is all kinds of cute...

Morrissey That's Entertainment cover.jpg

Morrissey That's Entertainment vinyl.jpg

That's Entertainment + Cosmic Dancer mock up

Future 7 inch version of "That's Entertainment."
From the talented Moz fan @UnderTheIronBridge. Collab with @moz_angeles213 on Instagram for this mock up.

TE.jpg
TE2.jpg
TE1.jpg

Sam (ironbridge) has far too much time on his hands. Another one of the holier than thou lot. These new fans who have shown up recently and assume a Passive aggressive stance against others

Came across this lovely review of That's Entertainment from the 13 April 1991 edition of Melody Maker. A b-side deserving of its own review, including a shout out to the cor anglais itself, getting the love it deserves here, while Katie St John, who played the instrument on the record, apparently only got a "You can't sit with us!" from the queen of "flamboyantly sung song".
MM13041991ThatsEnt.jpg

Came across this lovely review of That's Entertainment from the 13 April 1991 edition of Melody Maker. A b-side deserving of its own review, including a shout out to the cor anglais itself, getting the love it deserves here, while Katie St John, who played the instrument on the record, apparently only got a "You can't sit with us!" from the queen of "flamboyantly sung song".
View attachment 58927

í remember that, pathetically, like yesterday. Except that í can't actually remember yesterday. It was probably the one pin-prick of critical warmth that year, certainly from the Maker.

í don't suppose you know which hack wrote it. It's on the tip of my brain; í recall it was someone surprising. But then MM pretty much loathed Moz at that time. Well, í mean, when you have Ride on your side, what else do you need...?

í remember that, pathetically, like yesterday. Except that í can't actually remember yesterday. It was probably the one pin-prick of critical warmth that year, certainly from the Maker.

í don't suppose you know which hack wrote it. It's on the tip of my brain; í recall it was someone surprising. But then MM pretty much loathed Moz at that time. Well, í mean, when you have Ride on your side, what else do you need...?

No, I don't, unfortunately. I was looking but couldn't find the author.

View attachment 58927

Oh and poor old Kate...

Kate St John.jpg

Cor Anglais indeed! :brows: {© Talbot Rothwell}

With less than 2 weeks of October left and the order sheets for Warners/Parlophone already in to mid-November, this product is looking extremely unlikely any time soon.
Very happy to be wrong.
Regards,
FWD.

Oh and poor old Kate...

View attachment 58930

Cor Anglais indeed! :brows: {© Talbot Rothwell}

Well I went into a wiki wookiehole with this info (not because of the photo I hasten to add) and found out she's married to Neil Maccoll, sibling of Kirsty, and was also formerly in the Dream Academy whose cover of Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want features in the greatest film of the 1980's - Ferris Bueller's Day Off. (You are entitled to disagree but you are wrong).

If the world was an orange it would be too small etc etc etc

Interestingly I listened to this song the other day and wondered if it was Boz on the old Cor Anglais. Apparently not.

October of which year? Anyone heard anything more about this actually happening?

October of which year? Anyone heard anything more about this actually happening?
This year.
No, other than Lyn Boorer positively responding to a couple of posts about it at the time (re: Boz producing/mixing).
The post I made Sunday was based on information via Warners/Parlophone reps - who have some forewarning of even imminent rush-releases. Given all potential items are known in to mid-November already - as said previously, it's looking highly unlikely any time soon.
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom