Outch! (>_<) Berlusconi attacked in Milan

Re: Berlusconi attacked in Milan

Apparently he was struck with a model of Milan Cathedral.

Bad man that I am, I laughed at the pictures...

I was raised not to laugh at other people's misfortunes.

I cannot laugh at the worst enemy of mine if he / she was punched by a nutter.

13531_1286513809355_1425467561_30841078_307183_n.jpg

Duomo mightier than the sword.

I am very very very pleased. I would have been even more pleased if he'd had to deal with Iamnicola but let's not hope for perfection.:D

For all the decent people out there who take all kinds of shit in their lives, I don't mind a bit of violence on privileged political scum in return. I wouldn't make a habit of it but at Christmas time, it's symbolic and refreshing. :)

To be honest, if I were Italian, I'd probably have killed him by now. At least this time he won't get plastic surgery for no reason.

Am now waiting for a command from God to hit Sarkozy with a model of Notre Dame. i'm ready Lord.

Last edited:

I wish I could be as magnaminous.
I tried.

But I failed.

:straightface:

:laughing:

I wish I could be as magnaminous.
I tried.

But I failed.

:laughing:

Me I consider this a very good day for civilization.:) I shouldn't rejoice but I have this :D on my face...

Last edited:

You were raised to not receive a sense of humour:straightface:

Jukebox Jury

The bloke who threw the statue is being portrayed as deranged. But are these the utterings of a sane man?

On the news in October 2009 that Italy's constitutional court had overturned a law granting him immunity from prosecution while in office:

"Lucky that there's Silvio, otherwise we'd be completely in the hands of these gentlemen of the left... I will defend myself in the courts, exposing the accusers to ridicule, showing all Italians what stuff they're made of and what stuff I'm made of."

Earlier, he insisted that the charges against him were farcical and that his administration would "govern for five years with or without the law".

His view of Italy's judiciary in June 2008: A "cancerous growth".

On judges pursuing former Prime Minister Giulio Andreotti on charges relating to the Mafia:

"Those judges are doubly mad! In the first place, because they are politically mad, and in the second place because they are mad anyway.

"If they do that job it is because they are anthropologically different from the rest of the human race."

THE SCANDALS OVER HIS PRIVATE LIFE
Mr Berlusconi - caught in a series of scandals over his private life, including his alleged dealings with younger women and prostitutes - tells Il Giornale newspaper in an interview on 12 August 2009 that he has nothing to apologise for and no skeletons in his cupboard:

"I deserve to be left in peace: enough violations of privacy."

Questioned on the sex allegations in late July, Mr Berlusconi admits:

"I am not a saint, you've all understood that."

In an interview with gossip magazine Chi, Mr Berlusconi denies he pays for sex, adding:

"I never understood where the satisfaction is when you're missing the pleasure of conquest."

In late May 2009, on allegations he had had an affair with an underage girl:

"I have answered the only question that anyone has the right to ask me: 'Prime minister, have you had a, let's say, spicy, or more than spicy, relationship with an underage girl?' The response is: 'Absolutely not.'

"I am aware that, if this were perjury, I would have to resign a minute later."

THE OBAMAS' SKIN COLOUR
On Barack Obama, newly-elected US president, in November 2008:

Mr Obama is "young, handsome and suntanned".

His response to the wave of criticism following the remark:

''God save us from imbeciles... How can you take such a great compliment negatively?"

An unabashed Mr Berlusconi rehashes the jibe on his return from the G20 summit in Pittsburgh on 28 September 2009:

"Ah, Barack Obama. You won't believe it, but the two of them sunbathe together, because the wife is also tanned."

POLITICS AND THE ITALIAN LEFT
As a spat with his former wife hit the papers in late April 2009, Mr Berlusconi rebuffs her accusations that his party planned to field attractive young women as European election candidates:

"We want to renew our political class with people who are cultured and well prepared... [Candidates standing for my party would be unlike the] malodorous and badly-dressed people who represent certain parties in parliament."

He is quoted as saying on 9 April 2008:

"The left has no taste, even when it comes to women."

On left-wing voters at a conference of retailers during the 2006 campaign:

"I trust the intelligence of the Italian people too much to think that there are so many pricks around who would vote against their own best interests."

Promising to put family values at the centre of his campaign for the April 2006 general election:

"I will try to meet your expectations, and I promise from now on, two-and-a-half months of absolute sexual abstinence, until [election day on] 9 April." He later insisted the pledge was "just a joke".

On Mussolini:

"Mussolini never killed anyone. Mussolini used to send people on vacation in internal exile."

In the wake of 11 September:

"We must be aware of the superiority of our civilisation, a system that has guaranteed well-being, respect for human rights and - in contrast with Islamic countries - respect for religious and political rights, a system that has as its value understanding of diversity and tolerance...

"The West will continue to conquer peoples, even if it means a confrontation with another civilisation, Islam, firmly entrenched where it was 1,400 years ago."

His response to worldwide condemnation of the above speech:

"They have tried to hang me on an isolated word, taken out of context from my whole speech."

"I did not say anything against the Islamic civilisation... It's the work of some people in the Italian leftist press who wanted to tarnish my image and destroy my long-standing relations with Arabs and Muslims."

On his alleged conflict of interest as prime minister and one of Italy's biggest tycoons, with major media holdings:

"If I, taking care of everyone's interests, also take care of my own, you can't talk about a conflict of interest."

THE L'AQUILA EARTHQUAKE
In general Mr Berlusconi won praise for his handling of an earthquake that hit central Italy on 6 April - except for his advice to homeless survivors that they should see their plight:

"Like a weekend of camping."

WOMEN
In January 2007, Mr Berlusconi was forced to issue a public apology to his wife, after she accused him of flirting with two women.

"If I wasn't already married I would marry you right away," Mrs Berlusconi accused him of telling women at a TV awards dinner.

"With you I'd go anywhere," he was quoted as telling another woman.

On Italian secretaries (comments made at the New York stock exchange):

"Italy is now a great country to invest in... today we have fewer communists and those who are still there deny having been one. Another reason to invest in Italy is that we have beautiful secretaries... superb girls."

ON HIMSELF
After his immunity from prosecution was lifted by the Constitutional Court in October 2009, he declared:

"I am without doubt the person who's been the most persecuted in the entire history of the world and the history of man."

"In my opinion, and not only mine, I am the best prime minister we can find today."

Previously:

"I am the Jesus Christ of politics. I am a patient victim, I put up with everyone, I sacrifice myself for everyone."

"The best political leader in Europe and in the world."

"There is no-one on the world stage who can compete with me."

"Out of love for Italy, I felt I had to save it from the left."

"The right man in the right job."

"I don't need to go into office for the power. I have houses all over the world, stupendous boats... beautiful airplanes, a beautiful wife, a beautiful family... I am making a sacrifice."

To a German newspaper:

"In Italy I am almost seen as German for my workaholism. Also I am from Milan, the city where people work the hardest. Work, work, work - I am almost German."

OTHER POLITICIANS
In June 2005, on enlisting the support of Finnish President Tarja Halonen for Italy to host the European Food Safety Authority:

"I had to use all my playboy tactics."

Mr Berlusconi added insult to injury by saying that he had had to "endure the Finnish diet", such as smoked herrings.

To German MEP Martin Schulz, at start of Italy's EU presidency in July 2003:

"I know that in Italy there is a man producing a film on Nazi concentration camps - I shall put you forward for the role of Kapo (guard chosen from among the prisoners) - you would be perfect."

During the controversy raging over the above remark:

"I'll try to soften it and become boring, maybe even very boring, but I am not sure I will be able to do it."

At the Brussels summit, at the end of Italy's EU presidency, in December 2003:

"Let's talk about football and women." (Turning to four-times-married German Chancellor, Gerhard Schroeder.) "Gerhard, why don't you start?"

On his first meeting with Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen in 2002, Berlusconi complimented him with the words:

"Mr Rasmussen is not only a great colleague, he's also the best-looking prime minister in Europe."

AIDS
A joke about Aids told by Mr Berlusconi:

"An Aids patient asks his doctor whether the sand treatment prescribed him will do any good. 'No', the doctor replies, 'but you will get accustomed to living under the earth'."

His response to critics who said the joke was offensive:

"They have lost their minds; they really have come to the end of the line, indeed they have gone beyond it. I would advise them, too, to undergo sand treatment..."

The bloke who threw the statue is being portrayed as deranged. But are these the utterings of a sane man?

Aaaaaaaaaah. The mighty Italian sense of humour. No wonder the French dim next to Italians. Even Nicolas is no match for Silvio; he tries very very very hard (starting with marrying an Italian :lbf:) but he still has so much to learn from Grandy Berlusconi! How to be properly insensitive, offensive, crass, sexist, racist, demagogue...

Italians do it better.:thumb:

Some Italians are Communists. Just sayin'

Anyway Berlusconi has come out since the attack with the immortal

"Sincere thanks to the very many who have sent me messages of solidarity and affection," Mr Berlusconi's message reads.

"I say again that everyone should stay calm and secure. Love always triumphs over envy and hate

Back
Top Bottom