Morrissey Central "OPEN LETTER TO JOHNNY MARR." (January 25, 2022)

This is not a rant or an hysterical bombast. It is a polite and calmly measured request: Would you please stop mentioning my name in your interviews?

Would you please, instead, discuss your own career, your own unstoppable solo achievements and your own music?

If you can, would you please just leave me out of it?

The fact is: you don’t know me. You know nothing of my life, my intentions, my thoughts, my feelings. Yet you talk as if you were my personal psychiatrist with consistent and uninterrupted access to my instincts. We haven’t known each other for 35 years - which is many lifetimes ago. When we met you and I were not successful. We both helped each other become whatever it is we are today. Can you not just leave it at that? Must you persistently, year after year, decade after decade, blame me for everything … from the 2007 Solomon Islands tsunami to the dribble on your grandma’s chin ?

You found me inspirational enough to make music with me for 6 years. If I was, as you claim, such an eyesore monster, where exactly did this leave you? Kidnapped? Mute? Chained? Abducted by cross-eyed extraterrestrials? It was YOU who played guitar on ‘Golden Lights’ - not me.

Yes, we all know that the British press will print anything you say about me as long as it’s cruel and savage. But you’ve done all that. Move on. It’s as if you can’t uncross your own legs without mentioning me. Our period together was many lifetimes ago, and a lot of blood has streamed under the bridge since then. There comes a time when you must take responsibility for your own actions and your own career, with which I wish you good health to enjoy. Just stop using my name as click-bait. I have not ever attacked your solo work or your solo life, and I have openly applauded your genius during the days of ‘Louder than bombs’ and ‘Strangeways, here we come’, yet you have positioned yourself ever-ready as rent-a-quote whenever the press require an ugly slant on something I half-said during the last glacial period as the Colorado River began to carve out the Grand Canyon. Please stop. It is 2022, not 1982.

Morrissey. January 2022.

0-2.jpg

Marr, January 26th:

Some related posts moved to this thread: Johnny Marr responds to Morrissey's open letter via Twitter (January 26, 2022)

Related item:
Media items:

😲
Just a guess - reunion's off 😂
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you read? You are so blinded by hate that you sound unintelligent. You are a classic example of someone who might need to get a life. You are a bigger fan of Morrissey's than most people on this site. You know why? Because you are obsessed with him. Never mind that it is a negative obsession, it's an obsession. I would invest in being friends with someone in the real world. You will feel better about yourself.
Ya? Ok. Cheers.

Today, Morrissey fans on Twitter complain bitterly that their celebration of her majesty's message is not uniformly applauded by the rest of the Twitter community, but has to "endure" harsh counter-arguments. A certain Marianne, in particular, is not above attacking J. Marr verbally.

Yes, that's what I'm thinking that this is yet another PR disaster for Moz. Where is his management?

I can’t see why he or anyone
would think that this would attract
the positive attention of labels. So, no. I don’t believe that was his intention.

This is not a rant or an hysterical bombast. It is a polite and calmly measured request: Would you please stop mentioning my name in your interviews?

Would you please, instead, discuss your own career, your own unstoppable solo achievements and your own music?

If you can, would you please just leave me out of it?

The fact is: you don’t know me. You know nothing of my life, my intentions, my thoughts, my feelings. Yet you talk as if you were my personal psychiatrist with consistent and uninterrupted access to my instincts. We haven’t known each other for 35 years - which is many lifetimes ago. When we met you and I were not successful. We both helped each other become whatever it is we are today. Can you not just leave it at that? Must you persistently, year after year, decade after decade, blame me for everything … from the 2007 Solomon Islands tsunami to the dribble on your grandma’s chin ?

You found me inspirational enough to make music with me for 6 years. If I was, as you claim, such an eyesore monster, where exactly did this leave you? Kidnapped? Mute? Chained? Abducted by cross-eyed extraterrestrials? It was YOU who played guitar on ‘Golden Lights’ - not me.

Yes, we all know that the British press will print anything you say about me as long as it’s cruel and savage. But you’ve done all that. Move on. It’s as if you can’t uncross your own legs without mentioning me. Our period together was many lifetimes ago, and a lot of blood has streamed under the bridge since then. There comes a time when you must take responsibility for your own actions and your own career, with which I wish you good health to enjoy. Just stop using my name as click-bait. I have not ever attacked your solo work or your solo life, and I have openly applauded your genius during the days of ‘Louder than bombs’ and ‘Strangeways, here we come’, yet you have positioned yourself ever-ready as rent-a-quote whenever the press require an ugly slant on something I half-said during the last glacial period as the Colorado River began to carve out the Grand Canyon. Please stop. It is 2022, not 1982.

Morrissey. January 2022.

View attachment 78903

Marr, January 26th:

Some related posts moved to this thread: Johnny Marr responds to Morrissey's open letter via Twitter (January 26, 2022)

Related item:
Media items:

😲
Just a guess - reunion's off 😂
FWD.

This was a long time coming.

One could say. "Oh Morrissey is just trolling cause his career has crashed'
That maybe be quite true, maybe he has a record coming out and he thought he would go nuclear
By bringing up an old "rivalry" that will get headlines, in a Liam and Noel kind of way

That doesn't mean he doesn't mean that which he says and for those of us with a memory, we can remember M has felt pained by Marrs carry on for years
For those of us, who know anything about the culture of Manchester, you better believe Johnny and his mates have been belittling Morrissey for years - homophobic "Dorrissey " comments and all

I would suggest, M has had the world on his back for about 6 years and countless years of back bitting, being used by CrapTeen Young and Tony VisCunti , He probably knows Jesse and his nephew are of that kind too .
I myself think Alain is just as much a user as Jesse, just slightly more ethics.

Morrissey, really only had a few people - James, Linder , Tina and his mum and a few others.
Now his best friend, his mum has gone.
He is probably ultra sensitive.
Johnny would know M would be sensitive post mums death, it didn't stop him bitching him out, Johnny seemed to actually move up a gear, rather than leave him alone.

What kind of person, attacks a sensitive man, like Marr has knowing M's mum had died and knowing, he would be a mess.

Johnny is responsible for depriving the fans of some great music,. by leaving the Smiths and by advising Bernard Butler not to work with M.

It doesn't surprise me Dave H has decided to join forces with Marr. Bragg will be not too far behind
This should be a real eye opener to those who blame Morrissey for everything, Johnny and some of his Manchester mates can be complete scum bags

“OPEN LETTER TO STEVEN MORRISSEY”

Dear Steve
Its over !
The teenagers who once upon a time loved you !! They have woke up, yawned and cancelled you. You were good in your time but the gimmick act became a very tedious and devious affair. Having to listen to you and those Lawnmowers bastardise those hits over and over until they were barely recognisable. Having to listen to all that vegan shite whilst secretly eating Kerrygold Dubliner and wearing wool and cashmere clothing whilst residing in leather clad 5* meat loving Pestana group hotels around the planet. And all those lies! Recorded lies! Der Spiegel lies!
Having a pop at the NHS for the way they failed your Mother (rolls eyes)
The Wizard of Moz has been caught out it’s all been a gimmick. There’s only a handful of Munchkins left now who want to hear the next “best album you’ve ever made” If only you could find anyone daft enough to fund it.
The party is over Borrissey. In Gods name go.
These days all you bring to the table are celebrity death statements.
Even the writers of the Simpsons got wise to “The gimmick“
And now this latest stunt is an absolute class act.
Turning and attacking a former very successful band mate for media publicity !
Priceless !!!!!

In the words of Judge John Weeks you are ”Devious, truculent and unreliable”.
Leopards don’t change there spots Steve.
Enjoy the royalties that bring you luxury’s.
You have been found out.

Goodbye.

Benny 🇬🇧🔪

PS. God Save The Queen
Best wishes also to BrummieBoy, we truly tore Steve a new arse in the old days Pal.
You cannot deny that he is a great source of inspiration for you.

Can someone please enlighten me about the "Golden Lights" reference and JMs guitar work. I know that it is supposed to be "the worst Smiths song". Was it JM's idea back then to cover that song?

Can someone please enlighten me about the "Golden Lights" reference and JMs guitar work. I know that it is supposed to be "the worst Smiths song". Was it JM's idea back then to cover that song?
I believe it was Morrissey's desire to cover the song, JMarr often states one of the reasons for the Smiths split as being he wanted to explore more adventurous musical territory instead of doing covers of relatively obscure 60s girl singer songs. Ironically something that happened with both Strangeways and Viva Hate.
Hence, I imagine, Morrissey's barbed comment in the open letter about him playing guitar on it... And yes it probably is the worst recorded Smiths song. Apart from Work Is A Four Letter Word.

Personally

Mind Bomb - The THE

The best stuff Johnny did outside of The Smiths,
was the stuff he did with Kirsty MacColl.
Matter of fact, that stuff Johnny said about that guy
Issac bein' the best lyricist he worked with, was wrong
not only cause of Moz, but cause of Kirsty too.

That maybe be quite true, maybe he has a record coming out and he thought he would go nuclear
By bringing up an old "rivalry" that will get headlines, in a Liam and Noel kind of way

That doesn't mean he doesn't mean that which he says and for those of us with a memory, we can remember M has felt pained by Marrs carry on for years
For those of us, who know anything about the culture of Manchester, you better believe Johnny and his mates have been belittling Morrissey for years - homophobic "Dorrissey " comments and all

I would suggest, M has had the world on his back for about 6 years and countless years of back bitting, being used by CrapTeen Young and Tony VisCunti , He probably knows Jesse and his nephew are of that kind too .
I myself think Alain is just as much a user as Jesse, just slightly more ethics.

Morrissey, really only had a few people - James, Linder , Tina and his mum and a few others.
Johnny would know M would be sensitive post mums death, it didn't stop him bitching him out, Johnny seemed to actually move up a gear, rather than leave him alone.

What kind of person, attacks a sensitive man, like Marr has knowing M's mum had died and knowing, he would be a mess.

Johnny is responsible for depriving the fans of some great music,. by leaving the Smiths and by advising Bernard Butler not to work with M.

It doesn't surprise me Dave H has decided to join forces with Marr. Bragg will be not too far behind
This should be a real eye opener to those who blame Morrissey for everything, Johnny and some of his Manchester mates can be complete scum bags

Moz started it - was there no one to tell him that an open letter to Marr trying to censor his speech was a terrible idea?

If Moz can’t take all the criticism heading his way, he shouldn’t have put that on his website should he? He put that negative energy out there and it is returning magnified a hundredfold.

Today, Morrissey fans on Twitter complain bitterly that their celebration of her majesty's message is not uniformly applauded by the rest of the Twitter community, but has to "endure" harsh counter-arguments. A certain Marianne, in particular, is not above attacking J. Marr verbally.
Marianne is a terrible individual. Her self entitlement has risen month on month. Became a M fan in 2016, and now she’s appointed herself as his spokesperson.
Some of these new fans are unable to see M in any other light, than the cult like status they do. Bow to one’s master, regardless of morals.

I believe it was Morrissey's desire to cover the song, JMarr often states one of the reasons for the Smiths split as being he wanted to explore more adventurous musical territory instead of doing covers of relatively obscure 60s girl singer songs. Ironically something that happened with both Strangeways and Viva Hate.
Hence, I imagine, Morrissey's barbed comment in the open letter about him playing guitar on it...

And yes it probably is the worst recorded Smiths song. Apart from Work Is A Four Letter Word.

Those are covers, not Smith songs.

So I think we’d have to go with Draize Train being the worst Smiths
song released.

Moz started it - was there no one to tell him that an open letter to Marr trying to censor his speech was a terrible idea?

Actually Marr (unaware?) started it.

Anyway, was there ever anyone to tell Morrissey what to do and not do?
And if there was, how many times
did he take their advice?

If Moz can’t take all the criticism heading his way,

He’s handled much worst. He’ be fine. I’ve been seeing support here for his open letter, but, lets not dare mention that.

Morrissey's been having an ultra-sensitive time from the moment he was born. Moz's mum died 18 months ago - that's long enough for a grieving period by any standard, and Moz is a grown man. Stop making excuses for him.

JM told BB not to work with Moz, probably because, knowing how BB struggled with Brett, that BB would also struggle with Moz. Quite straightforward really. "depriving the fans of some great music", what nonsense.

:clap:

Shout to Marianne, good fan, top fan:clap:
beautiful collectible offered by SER:clap:
chances they are sold out:highfive:

:hammer:

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom