online music documentaries

• Thread starter Deleted member 25370
  • Start date
i really just googled it, you know. no magic involved... ;)

I’m not sure if it’s because I’m in Canada, but I’m having the toughest time finding that documentary. I can find a spoof of it, but not the original.

I watched the Lynyrd Skynyrd documentary on netflix. It was pretty good. Lots of old footage and some new interviews. I learned that their early records were made in a rustic isolated cabin and that they would pick their own magic mushrooms and make tea. They drank it all the time they wrote songs so their music is kind of a different branch of psychedelic rock in a way.
One of the guitarists killed in their plane crash had only been in the band a few months. His sister had been singing with them for years.
I didn't really expect much from it but I like rock documentaries. It was a lot better than I expected and I think anyone that is interested in 70's American rock music would at least learn some things.

thanks so much for sharing that bun bun! it was so great! im so glad I got to see it! I love those boys. neil is the cutest, but I love them all. I actually think I prefer neil now to when he was young. he was too much of a whippersnapper then, now he's an elegant refined gentleman. brett too. I like brett a lot more now after seeing this. in interviews he always seems kind of like a lump with no personality (albeit a sexy one), so it was nice to see how quick he is to break into a smile or a laugh. nice boys, the lot of them. <3

thanks so much for sharing that bun bun! it was so great! im so glad I got to see it! I love those boys. neil is the cutest, but I love them all. I actually think I prefer neil now to when he was young. he was too much of a whippersnapper then, now he's an elegant refined gentleman. brett too. I like brett a lot more now after seeing this. in interviews he always seems kind of like a lump with no personality (albeit a sexy one), so it was nice to see how quick he is to break into a smile or a laugh. nice boys, the lot of them. <3

I agree, they come across as very decent, likeable people. It’s an honest account of the band’s rise and fall and rise, the friendship between them and their emotional growth. I like the tone of the documentary - it could have easily become either mawkish or too self-critical, but didn't. It's just right. Very good work. Gold stars all around!

The scene in which Brett talks about his drug use and takes responsibility for the Head Music disaster is quite moving, as is the rest of the band admitting they weren't there for Neil during his illness as much as they should have because they didn't understand his illness.

Brett has aged incredibly well. I wonder if that's his hair and what brand of hair dye he uses...

Last edited:
I agree, they come across as very decent, likeable people. It’s an honest account of the band’s rise and fall and rise, the friendship between them and their emotional growth. I like the tone of the documentary - it could have easily become either mawkish or too self-critical, but didn't. It's just right. Very good work. Gold stars all around!

The scene in which Brett talks about his drug use and takes responsibility for the Head Music disaster is quite moving, as is the rest of the band admitting they weren't there for Neil during his illness as much as they should have because they didn't understand his illness.

Brett has aged incredibly well. I wonder if that's his hair and what brand of hair dye he uses...
he does have a nice head of hair. he has such a nice silhouette too that I think he'd been attractive at any age. he has my favourite male body. I don't mean that in a lascivious way. he's just so elegant looking.

when neil was describing his illness it kind of reminded me of how you said when you were young you couldn't get out of bed. such a thing would be awful. neil made it sound like it was over now? it was sad when he said it changed him.

Im so glad they got back together. I love their last three albums. <3

Back
Top Bottom