On this day

Cracking read,
Looks like moz has had a chest wax especially for the photo shoot,
And he has a very weird long thumb.
When he was in The Smiths, his fingers looked insanely long because he was so skinny.

I WILL SAY NOTHING.

This is probably the most extreme his war on fabric has ever been.
It's about equal rights. If women pose nude for promotional pictures, it should be acceptable for men to do the same.

My favourite thing about the picture is Moz adjusting his hair.
In the alternative shot he's adjusting something else.
I feel like the only person on the planet who hates these photos. You can just see that the band are so uncomfortable and Moz comes across, really, like a seedy old man who doesn't care because he's getting a kick out of it. For someone who once put so much effort into artwork, photos, the whole Smiths aesthetic... to become a guy who finds it hilarious to make the 'lawnmower parts' get their balls out, it's grim. And obviously, it should go without saying that Alain (and Johnny) would never have done it.

It's about equal rights. If women pose nude for promotional pictures, it should be acceptable for men to do the same.
Oh, what utter crap. It's Morrissey having a laugh (and a perv) at the expense of his lackeys.

It's a bit of reach to say Morrissey is a seedy old man who mocks & pervs on his band - they don't look like they're abused by him.

pub moz.jpg

Oh, what utter crap. It's Morrissey having a laugh (and a perv) at the expense of his lackeys.
It can actually be a bit of both.

It's hardly at their expense though, he's in the picture as well.

I wouldn't take it too seriously and if they were suffering I'm sure they had moved on by now...

It's a bit of reach to say Morrissey is a seedy old man who mocks & pervs on his band - they don't look like they're abused by him.

View attachment 68518
It's no reach. I'm sure he likes them as people but the truth is that the band do it (wearing bras, bikinis, dresses, loincloths, stupid slogan shirts, posing nude etc) for a paycheck and because he is the boss, just like the time he tried to persuade them to pose in Speedos and Alain wasn't having it. It has nothing to do with 'rights'.

It can actually be a bit of both.

It's hardly at their expense though, he's in the picture as well.
I wouldn't take it too seriously and if they were suffering I'm sure they had moved on by now...
Fair enough. Let's face it though, he could parade the band through Kensington on a spiked leash and you & Nerak would still be making excuses for him.

Fair enough. Let's face it though, he could parade the band through Kensington on a spiked leash and you & Nerak would still be making excuses for him.
I'm not making excuses for him. I don't feel like this photo shoot needs to be excused.

I was actually quoting him when I said it was about equal rights, I just can't be arsed to dig up the exact quote right now. Whether or not that's true, I don't know.

If he was paying them to be paraded through Kensington on a spiked leash and they agreed to do it, where's the problem with that? Who am I to judge? Might not be my cup of tea but other people are happily doing it for free...

It's no reach. I'm sure he likes them as people but the truth is that the band do it (wearing bras, bikinis, dresses, loincloths, stupid slogan shirts, posing nude etc) for a paycheck and because he is the boss, just like the time he tried to persuade them to pose in Speedos and Alain wasn't having it. It has nothing to do with 'rights'.

Yes - it is a reach.

You're saying he sexually abuses and humiliates his band & they put up with it because they need the money.

I can't imagine an abused band of middle-aged men would still be together.

So you think the band are trapped in a non-consensual sadomasochistic relationship and the abuse takes place in photoshoots & at gigs?

Yes - it is a reach.

You're saying he sexually abuses and humiliates his band & they put up with it because they need the money.

I can't imagine an abused band of middle-aged men would still be together.
I never, ever said "sexually abuse" or anything like it and well you know it. Laughing at them because he can, yeah, sure.

So you think the band are trapped in a non-consensual sadomasochistic relationship and the abuse takes place in photoshoots & at gigs?
No, you overdramatic fool, that is not what I said. He makes his monkeys jump for their paychecks. Your language is preposterous and it seriously cheapens real abuse.

I never, ever said "sexually abuse" or anything like it and well you know it. Laughing at them because he can, yeah, sure.

You said seedy old man perving.

And forcing people to wear skimpy outfits they felt humiliated wearing would come under sexual abuse.

You also don't know he's laughing at them - or that they never laugh at him - or that they don't all have a laugh together.

Bands stick with him when he doesn't have a deal, when audiences are down - what's their motivation?

Maybe it's worth posting one of the other shots used on the inner sleeve of the CD singles. Might be a hint that the whole thing shouldn't be taken too seriously...

ParisCD2InnerSleeve.jpg

No, you overdramatic fool, that is not what I said. He makes his monkeys jump for their paychecks. Your language is preposterous and it seriously cheapens real abuse.

It is real abuse.

Making his 'monkeys' strip for paychecks in ways they find humiliating is abusive.

There are guidelines - they could consult lawyers about it, esp if they were fired for not complying.

You said seedy old man perving.

And forcing people to wear skimpy outfits they felt humiliated wearing would come under sexual abuse.
You also don't know he's laughing at them - or that they never laugh at him - or that they don't all have a laugh together.
Bands stick with him when he doesn't have a deal, when audiences are down - what's their motivation?
When it's Morrissey wearing the bra on stage and the rest of the band in suits, I'll buy your fraternal nonsense. Until that day...
As for why they stay - money, loyalty (Boz), lack of other prospects (Jesse). In that order.

It is real abuse.
Making his 'monkeys' strip for paychecks in ways they find humiliating is abusive.
It's controlling, the way he has always been.

When it's Morrissey wearing the bra on stage and the rest of the band in suits, I'll buy your fraternal nonsense. Until that day...
As for why they stay - money, loyalty (Boz), lack of other prospects (Jesse). In that order.

Morrissey rips his shirt off, throws it into the crowd, and has pictures of it routinely mocked on social media & in reviews.

He's worn the same t-shirts before & his fondness for drag is well-documented, I don't think he sees it as humiliating.

Back
Top Bottom