No John Lennon, no Beatles

No Elvis, No John Lennon

Fact !

John gave them their edge. Paul gave them their commercial appeal. George gave them some unpredictability. Ringo gave them camaraderie.

The stars aligned.

You never hear a Beatles song on 60s compilation albums. It's a shame. The best you ever get is Marmalade doing a cover of Oh Bla Di Oh Blah Dah. It must be something to do with the copyright.

If you want to hear The Beatles, you have to buy their records.

Well, that was how it used to be.

Now you can just stream them.

John gave them their edge. Paul gave them their commercial appeal. George gave them some unpredictability. Ringo gave them camaraderie.

The stars aligned.

John gave them their drive. He was a determined f***er! But there was something else.

John gave them their drive. He was a determined f***er! But there was something else.

I don't think they would have made the impact without him, his acid worldview made people take them seriously in the way they took Dylan seriously.

Without him they'd have been more like all-round entertainers.

I don't think they would have made the impact without him, his acid worldview made people take them seriously in the way they took Dylan seriously.

Without him they'd have been more like all-round entertainers.

That's a good point.

Dylan made The Beatles better. No doubt about it.

The impact of Dylan on Lennon especially, is well documented.

No Siouxsie, No Siouxsie And The Banshees

No Beatles, no Siouxsie and the Banshees. That's a possibility.

Siouxsie Sioux: "I remember growing up with the White Album. I loved it for their experimenting."

No Beatles, No Yoko Ono. No Yoko Ono, no punk rock.

Maybe. but even if Yoko didn’t meet John she would have still left a small mark in the avant-garde. And though obscure, the obsessive of the weird would of found her out and maybe would’ve been inspired or influenced by her work.
Though if she didn’t meet John she most likely wouldn’t have made all the great records that she did.

how ‘bout this one...

No John Lennon, No Mark David Chapman.

then again, if it wasn’t John then it
could have been Bowie.

Maybe. but even if Yoko didn’t meet John she would have still left a small mark in the avant-garde. And though obscure, the obsessive of the weird would of found her out and maybe would’ve been inspired or influenced by her work.
Though if she didn’t meet John she most likely wouldn’t have made all the great records that she did.

how ‘bout this one...

could have been Bowie.
Even if, maybe, though obscure, we just can't know.

how ‘bout this one...

could have been Bowie.
Yoko was an artist as we know...
John met her at her exabition where he had to climb up a ladder and look through a peep hole... he then seen the word YES...
that was the turning point... yoko had been in a mental institution, and had a daughter....
f*** all has been said about her over the decades ...
the most , awful , different, unappreciated artist of our time is Yoko Lennon, I think she’s close to death now... even i Havant seen the the true artist in her yet😘😘

Back
Top Bottom