NFL - Morrissey Central (31st December)

First posted on IG and Twitter by SER as personal posts with the video hosted on his own YT channel.
Then made a Central post 5 minutes later.
Anyone thinking some of these posts are Morrissey posting them/endorsing them probably needs to rethink their view - it is obvious where this type of thing is emanating from.
Regards,
FWD.

We all know that SER controls M-Central.
He does a much better job than Julia anyway, although he has a lot more freedom, too.

The clear difference being:
You knew when it was Morrissey saying or posting something through TTY.
Given most of the discussions here in the last couple of weeks have centered around 'Morrissey's' posts on Central - it would be nice to delineate which is which as some people clearly don't get that someone is posting things that probably never get seen by Uncle - If only to stop the Styx rants et al...
Which, again, posts that probably have nothing whatsoever to do with Morrissey.
Regards,
FWD.

:crystalball:

Morrissey will be playing the 2019 Super Bowl half-time show!

:rock:

At least he’s got the wardrobe malfunction down pat !

:brows:

;)

The clear difference being:
You knew when it was Morrissey saying or posting something through TTY.
Given most of the discussions here in the last couple of weeks have centered around 'Morrissey's' posts on Central - it would be nice to delineate which is which as some people clearly don't get that someone is posting things that probably never get seen by Uncle - If only to stop the Styx rants et al...
Which, again, posts that probably have nothing whatsoever to do with Morrissey.

Regards,
FWD.

Very, very highly unlikely. Do you think they'd still be up if he disapproved?

Top marks to his song composers for this, and to Joe C for his imaginative arrangements, mercifully free of the chug rock that blighted so many of Morrissey's songs from 95 to 2010.
IIRC the 'My Love I'd do Anything' instrumental was also used for some sporting footage a while back.
It's pretty tedious when people moan about the quality of Morrissery's songwriters these days when their compositions are being singled out for commercial purposes. The lyrics are the main problem now.
These pieces of music are deemed strong enough to be used even without any singing on them - practically unheard of in the dismal Morrissey chug-rock era.

That presupposes he's aware of them - he may well have given Sam carte blanche to post 10 versions of a song and this is being stretched to include sticking up for Uncle with topical posts. Cue the: of course he's aware post, but still: I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting some clarity on who's opinion is getting posted on the site - even if Morrissey agrees with it or not thereafter.
Do have a happy New Year P.,
Regards,
FWD.

Top marks to his song composers for this, and to Joe C for his imaginative arrangements, mercifully free of the chug rock that blighted so many of Morrissey's songs from 95 to 2010.
IIRC the 'My Love I'd do Anything' instrumental was also used for some sporting footage a while back.
It's pretty tedious when people moan about the quality of Morrissery's songwriters these days when their compositions are being singled out for commercial purposes. The lyrics are the main problem now.
These pieces of music are deemed strong enough to be used even without any singing on them - practically unheard of in the dismal Morrissey chug-rock era.

You seem the only one to refer to a portion of Morrissey's songs as chug rock. I wish you would stop doing this. You are using the words chug rock as a derogatory term for a portion of Morrissey's music. There's nothing wrong with the songs which you refer to as chug rock. In fact its a term you made by yourself to insult Morrissey and his band.

That presupposes he's aware of them - he may well have given Sam carte blanche to post 10 versions of a song and this is being stretched to include sticking up for Uncle with topical posts. Cue the: of course he's aware post, but still: I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting some clarity on who's opinion is getting posted on the site - even if Morrissey agrees with it or not thereafter.
Regards,
FWD.

Don’t be such an arse licker you.
Happy new year off

Don’t be such an arse licker you.
Happy new year off
Known the person a long time - it's called being polite.
Try it sometime? :)
FWD.

Regards,
FWD.
I will thanks, and to you too. Just booked the Malta Holiday and tickets to see The Rutles, so quite chuffed tonight.

The funny thing is I know this game very well. It was highly controversial, many considered Brady to have fumbled and the Oakland Raiders (Cali team) would have won. This was the game that set off the Patriots run at the most prolific dynasty in NFL history.

Being a lifelong Morrissey fan I can't help but wonder if this post is suggesting other meanings? Why would he say Spent the Day In Bed (yes, his tune I know) with a link to this game? Or is he just so Naff he was watching the NFL in Bed this weekend and conjured up any link (via Sam Ratsy?)....No doubt this is the case. Peculiar at any rate!

You seem the only one to refer to a portion of Morrissey's songs as chug rock. I wish you would stop doing this. You are using the words chug rock as a derogatory term for a portion of Morrissey's music. There's nothing wrong with the songs which you refer to as chug rock. In fact its a term you made by yourself to insult Morrissey and his band.

Alas, I have yet to invent a musical genre. It was actually when the World Peace reviews came out that I first heard the term chug-rock. Several reviewers noted that this had been Morrissey default musical setting for the previous 15 years (since Vauxhall) and that World Peace finally marked an end. They weren't wrong.
Of course not all his songs between '95 and 2013 were chug-rock but a depressingly large number were. And a handful of the chug-rock songs were pretty good but a depressingly large number were just musical landfill. Thank heavens he's moved on. Now he just needs to sort out the lyrics, and we might still get another classic Morrissey album.

Well, they didn’t use a Smiths instrumental.

Don’t cry Johnny, maybe next time.

:tiphat:

Nice way to kick off the new year!

MORRISSEY ONE, MARR ZERO

:rock: :lbf:

First posted on IG and Twitter by SER as personal posts with the video hosted on his own YT channel.
Then made a Central post 5 minutes later.
Anyone thinking some of these posts are Morrissey posting them/endorsing them probably needs to rethink their view - it is obvious where this type of thing is emanating from.
Regards,
FWD.

Too right, Sam is the biggest leach of Morrissey career?

Do you really think he bothers to approve or disapprove? Look how much effort he put into true-to-you or any of his official sites or his official presence on Facebook or twitter. He seems quite happy to turn that over to someone else. Compare the amount of care you used to put into his record sleeves and merchandise compared to what they use now.
A lack of disapproval is not the same thing as approval.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom