New York Dolls bootleg anthology of rarities

S

Skylarker

It took me a long time to get into The Dolls but when I finally did I really did.

I've had tons of bootlegs of demos and shit and downloads of various posthumous official collections (with the odd rare track or two tacked on so people will buy them) for years but I only recently went through them all, found out what was what, weeded out duplicate tracks, found the best quality rips, etc. Did some research online about recording background/track origins, etc and put this amalgamation together.

If any of you like The Dolls, here you go.

A Smattering Of Smooches
NEW YORK DOLLS ANTHOLOGY 1971-1974
(unreleased demos, alternate versions, concert recordings)

Disc 1: Recorded in 1971 under the name Actress. Thunders vocals. Features guitarist Rick Rivets who left when Johansen joined. Murcia on drums.

Disc 2: 1972 Blue Rock Studio demos. Murcia on drums. Marty Thau producer.

Disc 3: 1-4 are demos from 10/72 in Kent, England. Murcia on drums. Marty Thau producer.

The rest are Planet Studios demos, 1973. Paul Nelson producer. Jerry Nolan on drums.

Disc 4: Additional recordings from the 1973 Planet Studio demo sessions along with some concert cuts from the time as well as later material (9-12) from early 74 recorded in preparation for Too Much Too Soon at Media Sound Studios (at least in part). Not sure of the producer.

Discs 1 and 2
Discs 3 and 4

Last edited by a moderator:
A huge thanks to Skylarker for this sublime compilation.
I had some, but not anywhere near all of this and much like the NHS, having everything lovingly collated in one place is great - cheers.
I have place this collection in my rarities folder next to Klaus Nomi's Za Bakdaz (his unfinished opera)!
Much appreciated,
FWD

Last edited:
A huge thanks to Skylarker for this sublime compilation.
I had some, but not anywhere near all of this and much like the NHS, having everything lovingly collated in one place is great - cheers.
I have place this collection in my rarities folder next to Klaus Nomi's Za Bakdaz (his unfinished opera)!
Much appreciated,
FWD

Thanks very much; I'm glad you like it.

In going back over the comp there were two tagging errors related to sequence; one in Disc 1 and one in Disc 3. Both have been fixed and the set has been re-upped. The links above have been replaced. If you do not want to re-download it, and you want to fix it yourself, the errors are as follows:

In the original upload, Disc 1 is missing Track 2 (I Am Confronted). That track was mislabeled as belonging to Disc 2, so it is in that folder along with the actual Disc 2 Track 2. Retag I Am Confronted as Disc 1 Track 2.

Disc 3 has two track 8s. An easy fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom