New York concert still up?

• Thread starter Homeless Chihuahua CR
  • Start date
H

Homeless Chihuahua CR

Any word about a cancellation for Morrissey’s Sept 17th NYC gig?
I am hoping not but a couple of ticket sales sites show it as postponed , yet Ticketmaster is still selling tickets . Not sure if they are referring to the original March date .
I got my ticket ,(both to the concert and to NYC, and hotel reservation), please please please don’t postpone it again!!😓😓

This is so irresponsible for Moz... it’s SURGING in the US again. and the fact you wishing he doesn’t postpone makes you look very dumb..

This is so irresponsible for Moz... it’s SURGING in the US again.
Morrissey will have very little say in whether this show goes forward - which it won't, in my opinion. State and local guidelines won't permit ~3,000 people to gather indoors anytime soon. The best one could hope for would be if they moved the show to some sort of outdoor space in the city; however those are limited and IF such events were permitted in two months time, there would be a lot of competition to book them.

I hold a ticket and wish they'd just pull the plug on it and issue refunds. It's a shame because I was thrilled to see him at Hammerstein again. 2007 was a special time there. Better luck next year, I suppose.

Not to mention, I’m sure the original intent was to add additional dates around this show. That’s clearly not happening so the feasibility of Morrissey, band, and crew convening for a single show in a relatively small venue is pretty slim. Though, if he can get away with it, it would probably make headlines (for better or for worse). But again - I highly doubt this sort of venue will be permitted to open in two months.

Last edited:
Morrissey will have very little say in whether this show goes forward - which it won't, in my opinion. State and local guidelines won't permit ~3,000 people to gather indoors anytime soon. The best one could hope for would be if they moved the show to some sort of outdoor space in the city; however those are limited and IF such events were permitted in two months time, there would be a lot of competition to book them.

I hold a ticket and wish they'd just pull the plug on it and issue refunds. It's a shame because I was thrilled to see him at Hammerstein again. 2007 was a special time there. Better luck next year, I suppose.

Not to mention, I’m sure the original intent was to add additional dates around this show. That’s clearly not happening so the feasibility of Morrissey, band, and crew convening for a single show in a relatively small venue is pretty slim. Though, if he can get away with it, it would probably make headlines (for better or for worse). But again - I highly doubt this sort of venue will be permitted to open in two months.

um yeah.. he wouldn’t, there was recently some country star that an 20K crowd and man... people were pissed, he got dragged through Twitter & back, so Moz better postpone that date

Chances are slim to none with just two months to go. I doubt NYC will allow small outdoor shows, much less larger indoor ones.

NY is entering phase 4 today , nonetheless two months seems too soon and, as mentioned, without any other shows in the east coast it doesn't look good. They are probably waiting to see how reopening works out before announcing a postponement. Unless Morrissey does it first. Oh wait, that's not his style. he usually cancels on the actual show date :D

Back
Top Bottom