New Smiths Unreleased Demos

If it is the ones I am thinking about,(which I am 99% sure) these have been shared as "Smiths Unreleased Instrumental 1" and Smiths Unreleased Instrumental 2" for years. But they are not The Smiths, it is two instrumental's from the Mirval Sessions. I have a factory pressed bootleg CD and 2 bootleg records, both LP's and CD have those exact same title for both. By them saying "Raw Demos" is right. You can barley hear them and they sound like crap.
Different lyrics, it is just fade outs, BBC sessions and the demo of THTRTC. The only thing that might be different is it might be the demo of "Shankly", "Vulgar Picture" and the instrumental of "Shoplifters". But it does not say Shoplifters is Instrumental so it is probably a BBC session or live. But those songs we all have and can be downloaded here.
I could be wrong, I hope I am, but I wouldn't count on it and I hope a lot of people didn't get burned.
Roky

That 1 percent was right. I stand corrected. I am glad. Thank you Motorways for the rips.
Roky

Where is the rip link?

Duh. It's in the downloads/bootlegs section, for anyone else as dense as I am.

Last edited:
I see that Everything English is no longer listing this item for sale...

I wonder, have M&M's lawyers got to them?

Whoever bought and received a copy may have a very rare record on their hands...

...unfortunately, I was one of those holding out to see what it was... bugger!

Dave

Dave,

I ordered mine from Everything English yesterday morning and I got an email last night saying that it has shipped!

They might just be temporarily out of stock at the moment...

Either way, good luck in finding one.

Cheers,

I.R.

Dave,

I ordered mine from Everything English yesterday morning and I got an email last night saying that it has shipped!

They might just be temporarily out of stock at the moment...

Either way, good luck in finding one.

Cheers,

I.R.
Hey Dave,
I am the same as IR. I ordered mine from Everything English and got the shipping notice. There is one on Ebay now, it was just put on there, so it might get snatched quick. Is it me, or do you guys like the version of "There Is A Light" on this boot better than the official one? It is like Morrissey is singing with more passion.
Take care
Roky

Last edited:
"Reel Around the Fountain" sounds like the exact same take, but without Paul Carrack's piano overdubs. "The Queen Is Dead" also sounds the same, but with a few extra instrumental bars near the end; it also sounds like the bass has been boosted. Can anybody else hear other differences in these two?

Hey Dave,
I am the same as IR. I ordered mine from Everything English and got the shipping notice. There is one on Ebay now, it was just put on there, so it might get snatched quick. Is it me, or do you guys like the version of "There Is A Light" on this boot better than the official one? It is like Morrissey is singing with more passion.
Take care
Roky
I agree. Reminds me of when Johnny sang it at the Manchester v Cancer gig.

It looks like Apex Records and Dubmaverick have multiple copies to shift - 5 look to have been sold this afternoon.

So my prediction of a scarce record might not come true... or maybe it will ;)

Dave

EverythingEnglish have them in stock now. Just ordered.
For those that didn't get one, I wouldn't be too worried. It was the same with the Revelation LP – kind of hard to come across at first, but still easily available to this day.

didn't hear it yet, but there seems a demoo with Vicar in a tutu with saxophone,Joyce once mentioned

is it on it, anybody heard it?:confused:

not really my cup of cup@soup instrumentals,always wondered about the Draize Train on Rank , I want lyrics and voice

otherwise listen to the genesis/dire straits/ELO, enough egoinstrumentalists

it becomes interesting when 'I want a boy for my birthday' the Cookies
song, The Smiths covered at their first gig, me thinks jamdemoos are somewhere,Dale H. sold it I believe

if someone want to give me a x-mas present, that song put up for DL, or
in my mailbox, or via PM...would be awesome

:guitar:

I was flipping through Peepholism and I noticed that the last two color pages in the book, page 160 and 161. Those are the covers of the latest Smiths bootleg and the Revelation LP. Pretty strange. Check it out if you have the book...

Back
Top Bottom