New Order-Manchester Apollo

P

Punchdrunk1975

New Order were great on friday night.They played tracks old (Blue Monday,True Faith)and new including some classic Joy Division tracks like TRANSMISSION,LOVE WILL TEAR US APART AND ATMOSPHERE.

It was a great venue and a decent gig and yes Greastea Barney was up to his usual spacker dancing and taking the micheal out of HOOKEY calling him a bender etc etc etc

Ended up in a bar in Manchester City Centre called the DryBar which was OK the DJ was playing Smiths,New Order,Wedding Present,Pulp etc etc so although there was a lack of talent it was still a good night God knows how we got back to our B&B in Rusholme.

Sounds like you had a two fisted night and tanked like a cod to me! Sweet. Anyhow thanks for the up an dup on Mr. Barney, I remember seeing them in Reading (I'm sure it was there as inebriated and pilled up as I normally am) a while back and here is good Peter Frampton Hooky laughed his ass off when Sumner was singing, "Isolation."

Yay!

Reading 1998!!

I was spannered at that gig as well 80)

> Sounds like you had a two fisted night and tanked like a cod to
> me! Sweet. Anyhow thanks for the up an dup on Mr. Barney, I
> remember seeing them in Reading (I'm sure it was there as
> inebriated and pilled up as I normally am) a while back and here
> is good Peter Frampton Hooky laughed his ass off when Sumner was
> singing, "Isolation."

> Yay!

All the 'talent' was at the Smiths night, Star and garter.

Re: All the 'talent' was at the Smiths night, Star and garter.

I really wanted to go to that BUT my mates didnt fancy it!

Re: New Order-Brixton Academy

> New Order were great on friday night.They played tracks old
> (Blue Monday,True Faith)and new including some classic Joy
> Division tracks like TRANSMISSION,LOVE WILL TEAR US APART AND
> ATMOSPHERE.

Dear Mr PunchDrunk..

My turn tonight.. the New Order roadshow plays at one (if not in my opinion)The Best London venue.. the glorious Brixton Academy..

Drinks shall be taken before hand at Waterloo Station before a tube which will transport us to the back of the auditorium from about 20:15. We shall be located at the rear by left hand bar.. I shall report tomorrow on this most eagerly anticipated gig..

I am hoping Hooky has an extra special distinctive twang in his bass for me tonight..

Your sincerely,
Ruffian

Back
Top Bottom