New Morrissey song - I Thought You Were Dead (discuss and listen to it here)

He acquiring a very nice brides album. This, by the time, blue dreamers eyes, the low in high school bonus songs and the world peace bonus songs would make a nice compilation come the time

This is a great song. Definitely one of my favorites. So nice :)

The soul has many sides, so true.

Thanks a lot for posting the HQ audio rip and the lyrics.

I quite like the song: a spirited b-side and definitely better than the new songs on LIHS deluxe. But is the recording really this bad on the 7-inch too? Surely this should have deserved a proper recording?

It is a better song because it actually has a tune that sticks in your head after a couple of listenings.
It's strange to see Jesse credited as co-writer: I just can't imagine him composing world music.

Put out the lyrics Sam... they’re not supposed to be secret

And when recorded

I apologize in advance if this is an ignorant question, but:
Will “I Thought you were Dead” ever be released digitally?
@Famous when dead @mcrickson @Ryan @NealCassidy
The last few 'exclusive' RSD bits and bobs I can remember made it on to This Is Morrissey, so it may well happen.
Never say never...
The couple of YouTube only tracks really need a digital existence too - Blue Dreamers Eyes especially.
One thing I think a lot of people miss is a 'proper' single with a couple of new B-sides. Live tracks were all very well and good, but strong B-sides have been something, historically, that were worth tracking down. It doesn't quite feel the same with the clear vinyl releases IMHO.
That all said, yes: I'd suspect some tracks to appear digitally (but not on CD if the BMG rumour is true).
Regards,
FWD.

What rumour is this?
20190415_055051.jpg

FWD.

I find it hard to believe that a big company like BMG would make a blanket decision to not release anything on CD after November 2019. Sure, CD is on its way out and there are more and more artists with whom a CD release doesn't make any financial sense -- but Morrissey is not one of them. Veteran artists and bands with a large middle-aged following definitely still sell enough CD's to make releasing them worthwhile.

I find it hard to believe that a big company like BMG would make a blanket decision to not release anything on CD after November 2019. Sure, CD is on its way out and there are more and more artists with whom a CD release doesn't make any financial sense -- but Morrissey is not one of them. Veteran artists and bands with a large middle-aged following definitely still sell enough CD's to make releasing them worthwhile.
I agree completely.
Just passing on Marc's comment.
Regards,
FWD.

Well said. I personally don't want to see the CD format die until lossless digital formats like FLAC and hopefully hi-res DSD become the online music buying standard.

this song could also be about a manic phase of a person that hoped their depressive side has gone. But of course it keeps coming back.

I’ve had this song in my head all day. It’s so catchy. I love the dark humour in the lyrics too. A bit of cleaning up in the studio and this would have made a great single, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom