New Mojo magazine (February 2013) - the Johnny Marr issue

Re: New Mojo magazine - the Johnny Marr issue

CD tracklisting - some good stuff on there. Marr's playing on Walk Away Renee is beautiful.

2rlzy9z.jpg

P.

Re: New Mojo magazine - the Johnny Marr issue

I will have the cruise over to the magazine stand and see if I can find this. If not there is always the library . Love the look of the cover. Thanks for the twitter link Uncleskinny !

I mean, at the end of the day, does anyone give a shit about Johnny Marr ?

Apart from Amy :rolleyes:

I do. He's a hero of mine. I'm a massive admirer of his inventiveness, skill, and his amazing compositions, it was a real highlight when I saw him in Manchester last year.

P.

Excellent article.

Thank you P. for scanning & posting.

Only semi-on-topic RE: JM, but I find it highly amusing when people slate him for playing and singing Smiths songs. They are his songs as much as Morrissey's - which, I suppose, is probably a newsflash to Morrissey. To say that he can't sing them because, vocally, "he's no Morrissey" is ludicrous. You could just as easily argue that Morrissey's band is no Smiths when they play the songs.

Only semi-on-topic RE: JM, but I find it highly amusing when people slate him for playing and singing Smiths songs. They are his songs as much as Morrissey's - which, I suppose, is probably a newsflash to Morrissey. To say that he can't sing them because, vocally, "he's no Morrissey" is ludicrous. You could just as easily argue that Morrissey's band is no Smiths when they play the songs.

Isn't that exactly what 'people' say? Over and over and over and over... :)

Morrissey is still the elephant in the room when it comes to any Marr article. It's particularly glaring here because they've got snippets of commentary from practically every other person Johnny has worked with....except the most important.

I do, as well. From a musician's perspective, his style of playing remains insanely nuanced - and this is for the mere reason that he is 100%, unconditionally into his instrument. That's rare as hell, and even rarer for someone of that vein to attain an enduring spotlight, even if it is mostly still just because of what he did in the Smiths.

Morrissey is still the elephant in the room when it comes to any Marr article.

... and Moz never forgets too ;)

Probably Figueiredo Girl thinks that !!! But who gives a shit about her opinion?? The answer is clear: No one!!! :D ;)

Back
Top Bottom