New Johnny single - "The Bright Parade"

Amy

from the Ice Age to the dole age
Johnny has released a new single, "The Bright Parade".

To my ears, it's pretty weak. Certainly not as strong as singles like Armatopia and The Tracers... distorted vocals, can't really make out the lyrics, music is no great shakes. Anyway, judge away!

it goes from BAD to WORSE with the cometic :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:

this is possibly the WORST song of all times.doh:

DramaJ seems to be a non stop MUSICAL CATASTROPHE!!:censored::censored:

it goes from BAD to WORSE with the cometic :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:

this is possibly the WORST song of all times.doh:

DramaJ seems to be a non stop MUSICAL CATASTROPHE!!:censored::censored:

You sound constipated, vegan cro spirit. Must be hard for you when Moz has become that embarrassing, racist uncle. Why don’t you go listen to that embarrassing covers album and stop dissing folks who are far, far greater than the pathetic you?

You sound constipated, vegan cro spirit. Must be hard for you when Moz has become that embarrassing, racist uncle. Why don’t you go listen to that embarrassing covers album and stop dissing folks who are far, far greater than the pathetic you?

:rolleyes:

why doesnt :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: become a DJ at luncheons like Flathead Mike
and quit inflicting this type of caterwauling into the populace:raisedhands:

doh:

I like a bit of his stuff (e.g. New Town Velocity and Money Money) but that is bloody awful. It's everything that's bad about his solo material rolled into one song - crap lyrics, bland singing, dismal arrangement and instantly forgettable melody. Next!

I wasn't crazy about the last one "Armatopia", but I really like this one. Kind of reminds me of Ride.

That's his Tinder picture when he looks for teens in Ireland.

Yeah it does nothing for me whatsoever. It's almost like he needs someone to write with. He is prolific though. But his albums have a few well crafted and interesting songs on them with a lot of filler material that sounds just like this song. A post punk riff with forgettable lyrics and so so vocals.

If he wrote songs more in the direction of the list of songs below then I feel like there'd be a more fruitful body of work to grow on but he's Johnny Marr so he's going to be loved no matter what he does. The songs below all have beautiful melodies, good lyrics and great guitar parts. Plus his vocals work really well with these types of songs.

The Messenger
New Town Velocity
European Me
The Right Thing Right
The Trap
Easy Money
Candidate
Hi Hello

Last edited:

why doesnt :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: become a DJ at luncheons like Flathead Mike
and quit inflicting this type of caterwauling into the populace:raisedhands:

doh:

Nah, that sounds like something the bloke who puts his gigantic head on a Crosley record player would do.

Get your head out of your arse - you’re ridiculous.

o_O

just because Moz put out his single, BOOM, :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
has to put out another sucky song. he seems
to have run out of sucky songs and now is
tapping his sucky socko material.:flamethrow:

It's OK - I guess if the last single had a physical release, this would have wound up as a B-Side.

Now I think about it, he's probably already got enough existing B-sides (plus that 'I Feel You' cover) to hoover up into a compilation album - maybe that's why we are getting these new download only tracks - enough to pad out the tracklisting into a full album?

Johnny has released a new single, "The Bright Parade".

To my ears, it's pretty weak. Certainly not as strong as singles like Armatopia and The Tracers... distorted vocals, can't really make out the lyrics, music is no great shakes. Anyway, judge away!

Wish the music sounded like Barbarism Begins at Home instead of flashy nonsense.

But there’s no saving the singing, even if the music was great.

who is going to put out a vinyl release of these sucky songs nobody likes or would buy? new vooodoo records and tapes ie
:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: basement?

:lbf:

DJing at the MahJong tournament: the one , the only DRAMAJ:lbf:

FH Mike is going to get furious.:straightface:

I like that he's trying different styles, not as good as the last one but will be downloading. Looking forward to hearing this along with the 4600 peeps at his 2 Manchester gigs next month.

D_Q9f0uUYAETTBq.jpeg

sold out? i just pulled up 5 tix for each show at his dumb website?:lbf:
threw them back before i had to pay for them, let the missus buy them.:straightface:

Jr is opening act.doh:

I like that he's trying different styles, not as good as the last one but will be downloading. Looking forward to hearing this along with the 4600 peeps at his 2 Manchester gigs next month.

View attachment 51613

I'm well jealous! Saw this video with his son accompanying him on stage and it looks heavenly - look the crowd reactions!!

Back
Top Bottom