New Ian Brown single 'Stellify'

Maurice E

anyone heard it yet?
saw the video last night. dear lord-absolutely effing dreadful!
he is the world's most humourless man.
we moan about the (relatively) poor quality of Morrissey's recent solo stuff but the gulf between Stone Roses and solo Brown material is a billion times wider than that between Smiths and Moz...

Mmmmm....I actually quite like the new single. Saw him on Tuesday night in Wolverhampton though and whilst I enjoyed what he did, I wish he'd done more than an hour and not done Stellify TWICE and done an encore.....

Mmmmm....I actually quite like the new single. Saw him on Tuesday night in Wolverhampton though and whilst I enjoyed what he did, I wish he'd done more than an hour and not done Stellify TWICE and done an encore.....

well, I've only heard it once (he says, back-pedalling!) so maybe it'll grow.
the video was most off-putting tho. IB wandering around the streets just looking like a bit of an aggressive berk.

I adore Ian Brown.

It's one of those things where I can't look at objectively...he's just wonderful.

Sorted.

Kimura

anyone heard it yet?
saw the video last night. dear lord-absolutely effing dreadful!
he is the world's most humourless man.
we moan about the (relatively) poor quality of Morrissey's recent solo stuff but the gulf between Stone Roses and solo Brown material is a billion times wider than that between Smiths and Moz...

With you there, Maurice. I heard it last week, and it's plodding, repetitive and unimaginative - but that's just me.

Peter

Its ok. Not his best, not his worst.
The video is standard rather than unimaginative (considering we are Moz fans, and his videos are hardly revelationary), but the tune is a little dull.

Stellify, what does it mean? Not getting wiped on Stella I hope! ;)

well, I've only heard it once (he says, back-pedalling!) so maybe it'll grow.
the video was most off-putting tho. IB wandering around the streets just looking like a bit of an aggressive berk.

If you hate Ian Brown that much I don't like the chances of his new song growing on you.

Last edited:
Let's be honest, The Stone Roses were never that good anyway

And like most of the people that dismiss Morrissey for being miserable and don't get him the same can be said for people that slag off Ian Brown and the Stone Roses. You guys just don't get it. I won't bother explaining what you are missing out on just like I don't bother explaining Morrissey to the masses.

If you hate Ian Brown that much I don't like the chances of his new song growing on you.

I don't hate Ian Brown.
Love loads of Stone Roses songs and I enjoy reading his interviews. He's a very intelligent guy. Has a much firmer grip on the bigger picture than Morrissey. But in this video, he just comes across as a plonker.

Its ok. Not his best, not his worst.
The video is standard rather than unimaginative (considering we are Moz fans, and his videos are hardly revelationary), but the tune is a little dull.

Stellify, what does it mean? Not getting wiped on Stella I hope! ;)

To make someone a star, one would assume.

Not a bad song.

Pass me a Stella.:thumb:

it was a con that night. really unfair on the fans. heard Stellify live on bbc3 reading & leeds coverage, sounded awful. hope the m.e.n. gig is as good as the last time he played there. :) doubt it though

And like most of the people that dismiss Morrissey for being miserable and don't get him the same can be said for people that slag off Ian Brown and the Stone Roses. You guys just don't get it. I won't bother explaining what you are missing out on just like I don't bother explaining Morrissey to the masses.

Didnt they just stretch out one song for an entire album?

I previewed the single and b-sides. The new track is decent. Nothing groundbreaking.

I do however especially like one of the b-sides. Probably more so than the single. My apologies for flaking on the title....

Back
Top Bottom