Neil Hannon interview (Moz content)

Neil Hannon: Performing is my job... a bit of mass adulation does you no harm every now and then - Belfast Telegraph

Excerpt:

He has been known to sit doing jigsaw puzzles while conducting interviews over the phone, such is Neil Hannon's disdain for the often banal questions put to him about his life and music. But when I manage to engage him with a bit of tittle-tattle about fellow music legend Morrissey, imparted by a friend who met him in Dublin recently, and not to be repeated in a public format (unfortunately), lo and behold, the Londonderry-born bishop's son comes back with a quick anecdote of his own.

"Ah, poor Mozzer," he sighs in response to the Mancunian's secret misfortune. "I admire him greatly. I met him once at a Hot Press gig in Belfast. It was quite odd.

"I was summoned to his side, but when he saw that I had my wife with me, he suddenly lost interest, heh-heh-heh!"

Last edited by a moderator:
This singer murdered Station To Station at the Proms Bowie tribute, no relevance, not a strong writer or voice. Now he's telling stories about people he met once, poor showing and an immense lack of judgment.

This singer murdered Station To Station at the Proms Bowie tribute, no relevance, not a strong writer or voice. Now he's telling stories about people he met once, poor showing and an immense lack of judgment.

Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious.

Ah Neil, my little punyPony, how can you say, you admire him, you wit Symphony? And why is he poor, exactly? He's no Alfie.Be monkly serious now.
From one who saw you and Dawn walk hand in hand back in the day, yes, in the flesh, in Hyde, unless me eyes etc. Was that more serious than seeing Trollsey bumming a baboon in Grafton st, which, btw, cannot be repeated publicly? AH come on, for Father Ted's sake. I'm happy you are Neil. See ya around. :rock:

This singer murdered Station To Station at the Proms Bowie tribute, enough said.

I don't get a thing. Hannon just said that Morrissey lost his interest when he saw his wife, yes? Why do you think it is too private?

The combatants on this site never miss an opportunity to argue, do they?
Tiring.
And then, there's the never ending, never interesting question of sexuality.
I don't want to know what people get up to in the sack.
I don't understand why everybody feels so compelled to declare these days.
I don't want to know bathroom habits.
Really, I don't give much of a flying f*** about what anybody does, anywhere.

"In his favorite band shirt hangin' from the lamp cord
Would've got it done if it wasn't for his grandma
Stay away from razor blades, what a mess you've made today
He wanted to be Kurt Cobain, but Johnny wouldn't die

But you're young and you think things last forever
Just give it up, you'll feel much better" That Handsome Devil Johnny Wouldn't Die

Bloody hell this site is getting far too personal. I love The Divine Comedy but Neil Hannon's comment was unwarranted. Some things should remain private.
does it matter it was kept private can ppl on hear think of nothing better to moan about its not really a massive shocker that moz is not exactly a fan of this site ive used it from day one and it could be amazing if ppl would loosen up and be a bit less negative it gets predictable and yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.
now you can all que up to moan about my spelling and gramhar ive dun it to annoy you sad ppl I love the moz
hooray hooray the troll bullshite ers die viva Morrissey and I like uncle skinny u talk sense pal

Back
Top Bottom