My Morrissey Animation

congrats to being the winner! that was a lovely competition..
have you got a link to the other animation?

I made this. It's very choppy stop-motion, since this is only my second attempt at animation. It took many hours to make, so it was truly a labor of love. :)

i love this! very very good! GOOD JOB

Last edited by a moderator:
This is excellent! I can tell you put loads of time into planning it--and it really captures the sense of humor in Morrissey's work, too. I'm as impressed by this as I was by the Carol video someone made last year.

...( Ahem)....
if I may just offer up ONE slight Criticism.......

It wasn't long enough!!!!!

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!
Hats raised, and said and Cheers all round here!!!
I truly enjoyed that!
thank you!!!

Last edited:
Wow, that blew me away. I loved the use of artwork and objects. Great job.

This must have taken hours. I assume this was the old-timey frame-by-frame animation that I understand people still do?

move-CLICK-move-CLICK-move-CLICK:)

Wonderful; you've managed to pack in so many clever references, and it looks great. I love way the way the sketches develop, and the words build up and fade out.

My favorite part is the metallic/glittery words: "vile," "singer," "voice," etc. - nothing like a bit of glam dust!

:clap:

...( Ahem)....
if I may just offer up ONE slight Criticism.......

It wasn't long enough!!!!!

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!
Hats raised, and Cheers all round here!!!
I truly enjoyed that!
thank you!!!

Thanks!:blushing: It's crazy how so many hours of work became only two minutes of animation. Guess I won't be going to work for Disney anytime soon *sigh*

Wow, that blew me away. I loved the use of artwork and objects. Great job.

This must have taken hours. I assume this was the old-timey frame-by-frame animation that I understand people still do?

move-CLICK-move-CLICK-move-CLICK:)

Yes, that was it exactly, totally old school. Which is why some of the frames are blurry because the camera moved!

Wonderful; you've managed to pack in so many clever references, and it looks great. I love way the way the sketches develop, and the words build up and fade out.

My favorite part is the metallic/glittery words: "vile," "singer," "voice," etc. - nothing like a bit of glam dust!

:clap:

I had to pay tribute to Mozzer's habit of having words written on himself, a well as his lame' wearing period, so that was it! Glad you liked.

I made this. It's very choppy stop-motion, since this is only my second attempt at animation. It took many hours to make, so it was truly a labor of love. :)

congrats to being the winner! that was a lovely competition..
have you got a link to the other animation?

Thanks, everybody! Yes, it consumed a couple of weeks of my life, but it was well worth it. Which other animation would that be, Sheila?

this:
since this is only my second attempt at animation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh! Makes sense now :) The other one was done years ago and stored away on an old computer and a ZIP disk (remember those??), so I sadly don't have it anymore. It was based on Seasick, Yet Still Docked.
too bad it get lost..
interesting- can you describe it?

too bad it get lost..
interesting- can you describe it?

All the drawings were done in charcoal, as with my newest one. First sequence was a close-up on an eye that slowly closes, then opens, as a tear falls. Next sequence was a hand on a water faucet, turning the knob, as the water comes on and flows into the sink. The last sequence was a white shaft down the middle with dark areas on both sides, which represented the water pipe. Water flowed down the center area as lyrics from the song appeared in, and disappeared from, the dark areas. I used this same technique in my new animation. The song played in the background, and coincidentally, the words and images just seemed to match up perfectly. The ideas weren't completely based on the song - it fit, though, because at that time I felt "so far from where I intended to go." The water and sink imagery also represented a sort of cleaning or purging process, some way to get my life back on track, and they fit the 'seasick' idea. I think I have the still drawings - or at least some of them - somewhere on disks, and it would be easy enough to stitch them back together. If so, I'll be sure to post the results here, or at least some of the single images. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom