My Dad's a Smiths fan

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
By Emily Capell

Stuheff told me about this. It's jolly good.

P.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way the three girls looked at him like he was a "diseased orangutan" (to use one of my favorite Morrissey epithets) is a look I know all too well. And I didn't even need to strut around like a pixie to earn it.

Well hes my Cousin, and while his impersernation skills are questionable, I thought the song itself was quite clever and witty... 2 traits sadly, mainly, lacking in modern pop music.

And its only a bit of a dick around, which is why I like it even more.

Stu

I love her voice, but I'm pretty sure Morrissey would never wear those shoes so her researching skillz are questionable. :p That was fun.

it was fun, shame the 'dad' didnt look old enough tho, far too much hair for a start!x

Funny, shame the dad is the same age as her, good hair though. :lbf:

I think at the start of the video she says that the chap is her brother, not her dad. Her dad doesn't appear in the video. Which is slightly confusing.

P.

It's still a bit cringy though! It's a bit too Lily Allen for me!

I am confused about the timeline in this video - is that her dad? because he looks younger than she is, are the shots featuring him suppossed to be set in the 1980's?

If so then there is a continuity error at 1;44 when the dad dances past the girl and her two friends and they rudely give him the stink eye, then you see them all jumping on the trampoline, boy I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder.

Upon further inspection of the video that man dressed up as morrissey is her brother, the song seems to be about time travel.

I am confused about the timeline in this video - is that her dad? because he looks younger than she is, are the shots featuring him suppossed to be set in the 1980's?

If so then there is a continuity error at 1;44 when the dad dances past the girl and her two friends and they rudely give him the stink eye, then you see them all jumping on the trampoline, boy I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder.

Upon further inspection of the video that man dressed up as morrissey is her brother, the song seems to be about time travel.

I'm quite sure this isn't meant to be taken so seriously. Perhaps Morrissey should sue her ugg boots off? I almost raised a wry smile...but that could've just been wind.

Back
Top Bottom