Murray Chalmers (Morrissey's ex-manager) posts image on Instagram from "Another time, another place"

Link from an anonymous person:

murraychalmers: Another time, another place. I’ve found so many cards and notes from him including some great ones where we were trying to get in touch with Charles Hawtrey. I eventually phoned Charles Hawtrey and Mr H wasn’t at all happy.Didn’t know i had kept all this stuff!

full

Last edited:
I made the trip to Hawtrey’s house, in Deal (I think it was), and I sat in his seat in The Ship Inn. It was still warm.

I have Morrissey to thank for making such wonderful journeys seem the most natural thing in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Show us all the “riders” containing “the Kerrygold Dubliner“ :brows: :thumb:

??:knife:

Mr Chalmers was never officially a manager per se; he was the press agent for Parlophone/EMI acts back in the hey day, and as such was tasked with handling Morrissey.

They appeared to become good friends (on the payroll, Etc.)

The most mint Murray moment was the Julie Burchill adventure, which puts the Hawtrey, and his errant seamen, in the shade.

Summarised by MC here {with more details on his box of treasures, including the original video treatment for "Suedehead"!}
Presumably nobody in the correct frame of mind is interested in seeing these now...

ps ~ 'liked' by Mr Jake Walters, who in a subsequent M. interview with Andrew Harrison in "Select" expressed...'dislike'...of Burchill's piece. Time heals all wounds.

Mr Chalmers was never officially a manager per se; he was the press agent for Parlophone/EMI acts back in the hey day, and as such was tasked with handling Morrissey.

They appeared to become good friends (on the payroll, Etc.)

The most mint Murray moment was the Julie Burchill adventure, which puts the Hawtrey, and his errant seamen, in the shade.

Summarised by MC here {with more details on his box of treasures, including the original video treatment for "Suedehead"!}
Presumably nobody in the correct frame of mind is interested in seeing these now...

ps ~ 'liked' by Mr Jake Walters, who in a subsequent M. interview with Andrew Harrison in "Select" expressed...'dislike'...of Burchill's piece. Time heals all wounds.

Your scans of Burchill's Morrissey meeting via The Times article as related reading:

Mint Murray? :)
FWD.

Your scans of Burchill's Morrissey meeting via The Times article as related reading:

FWD.

Too good to hurry mint!

FWD.
Brilliant, thanks. I had the Select magazine that mentioned Jake not liking the piece because it was "a stitch up" of Moz or some such nonsense. But I'd never seen the actual Burchill interview. My bro in law has since dumped all my magazines, comics, and posters. And most of my childhood toys. FFS. The past is in a landfill.

Less a meaningful interview than the insufferable, meandering self-dramatizations of Julie Burchill (not surprising considering the source).

Murray was such a kind and sweet soul to us Americans. Always looking after us and making sure we had what we needed! Thank you so very much Murray! I was ALWAYS so jealous of that "The Last of The Famous..." poster you had in your office.

Brilliant, thanks. I had the Select magazine that mentioned Jake not liking the piece because it was "a stitch up" of Moz or some such nonsense. But I'd never seen the actual Burchill interview. My bro in law has since dumped all my magazines, comics, and posters. And most of my childhood toys. FFS. The past is in a landfill.
Blimey. Do you still speak to him? Or perhaps he's an ex brother in law? If he isn't, perhaps he ought to be :lbf:

Murray was such a kind and sweet soul to us Americans. Always looking after us and making sure we had what we needed! Thank you so very much Murray! I was ALWAYS so jealous of that "The Last of The Famous..." poster you had in your office.

This one?

Morrissey Playboys promo poster.jpg

It's a beaut.

One of my favorite photos of him.

Mine beautifully framed, the large version.

Always wondered why this wasn’t used for the cover.

Kudos. í have a couple stored somewhere, but if í was ever going to do it, this would be the one getting the Gainsborough treatment.

Having wondered for years, í only fairly recently found out that it was shot by Alastair Thain, even if EMI spelled his name wrong on the 8x10 ~

66840873_1855159461296520_3993350417319723008_n-1.jpg

He's a funny old bugger re:sleeves, and it would have illustrated 'Playboys' pretty nicely.
But í still do love the kid trapped up his tree motif.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom