Moz Autobiography Preview in NME

punky

Moz has published a section from his forthcoming autobiography.

An essay by the former Smiths singer entitled 'The Bleak Moor Lies' appears in new book 'The Dark Monarch: Magic & Modernity in British Art', published by Tate St Ives.

The fictional story, which Morrissey has said is taken from his autobiography, concerns a group of friends who travel to Saddleworth Moor in the South Pennines and encounter a ghost.

Saddleworth Moor became infamous in the '60s when serial killers Ian Brady and Myra Hindley used the site as a burial ground. As a result, Brady and Hindley were labelled the Moors Murderers, who Morrissey later wrote about the murders in The Smiths' song 'Suffer Little Children'.

In his essay, the singer asks: "How many unfortunates have Saddleworth Moor as their resting place?"

Edited by Michael Bracewell, Martin Clark and Alun Rowlands, the book also includes contributions from Jon Savage and Damien Hirst.

Morrissey has previously said that his autobiography – which doesn't have a release date at present – will span his entire music career.

Last edited:
Moz has published a section from his forthcoming autobiography.

An essay by the former Smiths singer entitled 'The Bleak Moor Lies' appears in new book 'The Dark Monarch: Magic & Modernity in British Art', published by Tate St Ives.

The fictional story, which Morrissey has said is taken from his autobiography, concerns a group of friends who travel to Saddleworth Moor in the South Pennines and encounter a ghost.

Saddleworth Moor became infamous in the '60s when serial killers Ian Brady and Myra Hindley used the site as a burial ground. As a result, Brady and Hindley were labelled the Moors Murderers, who Morrissey later wrote about the murders in The Smiths' song 'Suffer Little Children'.

In his essay, the singer asks: "How many unfortunates have Saddleworth Moor as their resting place?"

Edited by Michael Bracewell, Martin Clark and Alun Rowlands, the book also includes contributions from Jon Savage and Damien Hirst.

Morrissey has previously said that his autobiography – which doesn't have a release date at present – will span his entire music career.

7 pages Morrissey wrote, for 19.99. LOVELY COLOUR PICS WHICH DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH mORRISSEY, ANOTHER 70 PAGES OF WHAT?!!!:crazy:

as lots wrote

the real thing, his life, his point of vieuws, his thoughts, etc
must be at least 500 pages, as mozipedia less
I think it's 2 books, the Smiths time and solo time

and an update of Peepholism FFS:mad:

Re: hmmmmm

My God they're slow!!!!
That was a month ago :rolleyes:

WAIT - They call this a "Fictional Story."
Egads.

I like the way the NME says The fictional story, which Morrissey has said is taken from his autobiography -it's like they're saying Yeah, right Morrissey we believe you!;)
Mind you, I can imagine there will be plenty more fictional stories in this autobiography or shall we say exaggerations of the truth!
But despite this, or maybe BECAUSE of this it will be a damn fine read....I can't wait. It would be great if he did his own illustrations too, or am I asking too much? Just a few little sketches would be fine or doodles like he used to do on some of his letters.

Back
Top Bottom