Moz at Steve Strange memorial?

Nobody stated the obvious: Steve Strange was in a punk band called "The Moores Murderers" with Chrissie Hynde. So maybe Moz and Chrissie will attend the funeral together. It will take place on March 12, a concert free day for Moz. We will see ...

Nobody stated the obvious: Steve Strange was in a punk band called "The Moores Murderers" with Chrissie Hynde. So maybe Moz and Chrissie will attend the funeral together. It will take place on March 12, a concert free day for Moz. We will see ...

He needs to be practicing very hard for the next day thank you very much!

I didn't know that about him and Chrissie.

Fair enough. I was just being a thick bollox. I have to do it once a week or I explode. I usually end up apologizing though, like now. Sorry.

just saw this and of course no worries. mature of you to apologize anyway and i dont wanna make big deals of things like this. id forgotten about it altogether honestly and often have to apologize myself for saying things without thinking as sometimes im sadly unaware of what might hurt peoples feelings. my wife usually has to step on my foot in public to let me know its time to stop talking bless her.

didnt know that about hynde either but that makes much more sense to me as moz seemed so against keyboards in those days. i couldnt see him being a fan of the music back then from those statements

Just saw this photo of the guest list for the funeral on the BBC website.

_81588644_funeral2.jpg

Funerals are the worst, probably even more if you're on a "guest list" for one. :straightface:

I wonder whether the names on that guest list are people who were invited/expressed interest in attending or if it's a list of people who showed up.

I wonder whether the names on that guest list are people who were invited/expressed interest in attending or if it's a list of people who showed up.

It's the people who were expected to come. There were many photos taken and he wasn't in any and wasn't mentioned as being spotted.

Flu knocks you off your feet for a week so no wonder he didn't show!

I am not disputing Morrissey may have intended to go but am so surprised they seem to have known each other. Mr Strange did seem like a very nice person but his contribution to music and "fashion" was zilch. He could not do anything very well and always looked awful.

I am not disputing Morrissey may have intended to go but am so surprised they seem to have known each other. Mr Strange did seem like a very nice person but his contribution to music and "fashion" was zilch. He could not do anything very well and always looked awful.

He was unique. He made up his own rules, played his own game, and was not afraid of being different. That's why Morrissey respected him.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom