Moz and Monty

northernleech

just finished reading a biography on montgomery clift and i see a lot of similarities between them - beyond the obvious sexual "is he.. isn't he" (monty was) they are both ultra sensitive , narcisistic and actually look similar ! has moz ever mentioned him in print/interview ? he was a great influence on james dean / brando and was famous for his brooding intense acting style. A really interesting character , if you have the time you should look into it -

I'm sure Morrissey has mentioned Montgomery Clift but I can't think where.:confused: I'm sure someone with a better memory will recall.

There could be a connection between the lyric "a place in the sun" from Let Me Kiss You and the film of the same nane he starred in with Elizabeth Taylor.

I'm sure Morrissey has mentioned Montgomery Clift but I can't think where.:confused: I'm sure someone with a better memory will recall.

There could be a connection between the lyric "a place in the sun" from Let Me Kiss You and the film of the same name he starred in with Elizabeth Taylor.

Hmmm, 'Let Me Kiss You' isn't really a song about a protagonist of 'The Place In The Sun'.
The lyrics tells that a person who is going to have a relationship with someone physically despise.

The above link joe frady posted a photo of Morrissey and a biography of Monty.
As we all know Morrissey is a huge fan of Jimmy Dean.
Monty later regretted not meeting Jimmy before his death which made Morrissey not liking Monty.

Last edited:
What was the title of the book and was it any good ?

Montgomery-Clift-dreams.gif

0089_1_lg.jpg

lost

Back
Top Bottom