Most overrated band/singers?

I'm with you on that one. I always thought him to be a ridiculous little man, yet one that attracted the respect and devotion of some of my favourite musicians.
Who are they Radis? I'm really asking, not to ridicule. I'd be interested to know. We may have some in common.

If you don't reply, It won't 'frustrate' me or 'get to me', I just think its pathetic & elitist.

I don't mind some "bedwetter" music. The Smiths at their best are prime "bedwetters". What else is "Well I wonder"? Belle and Sebastian have written some great stuff over the years....also some rubbish.....but i've kind of lost track of them over the yrs, so I'm no expert. This is a fave of mine.

Yeah they maybe did a few bedwetter ones, but it wasn't their stock-in-trade.

Sacrilege.
Yep, apologies, but I never got into his music...one of those things I'm afraid.
It's almost the same for me with Bowie, although with him there are some tracks which I do like, but I'm not a devout Bowie follower by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only coloured people, I don't want them round where I live.

Obviously.

Don't see your name on here often 'Martin'.
I played for Aberdeen and Manchester United. I also went on the march with Ally's Army.

Yeah they maybe did a few bedwetter ones, but it wasn't their stock-in-trade.
Yeah I don't think of The Smiths in the twee category that Belle and Sebastian occupy. The Smiths were always out on their own, a bit mysterious, obviously sang about some difficult subject matter but were utterly defiant in everything they done. The amount of fans that bought into their 'way of life' is remarkable. The Smiths were not just for Christmas.

I popped out this morning to do a bit of shopping (Tesco value white loaf, processed cheese, cheap beans full of weak juice) & whilst queueing with my fellow racists, that Coldplay song was on, the one where he ‘sings’ about ‘when I ruled the world’. I don’t know what it’s actually called & I don’t care.

The point is, in this humble posters opinion, it reminded me that Coldplay are the biggest pile of overrated, steaming shit I’ve ever encountered. A truly mediocre (at best) bunch of snowflake whiners with no decent tunes, propelled into fame because so many people love the bland music they’re told to love by The Guardian (which is course why our man has never really had the chart success he deserves).

So, it got me thinking, which bands/singers do people on here think are vastly overrated? I’m not talking people like, say, Little Mix, because they are what they are, a manufactured pop group. And in their particular case, fit as f***, so who cares what the music is like right?

I’m talking ‘serious’ bands who really think they’re ‘doing something’ with their music, but actually, they’re just shit. I.e. Coldplay.
agree with all the above and anything involving that c*** B. Flowers

I think they’re rated highly because the way they shaped music history early on (with George Martin) as far as using the studio as a creative musical instrument in itself, and (along with Dylan, and maybe because of Dylan) they brought more experiment into what the pop song lyric could be, as in something closer to what can be called poetry. They were and still are such a huge inspiration to people not only artists.

The White Album is my favorite.
Yes, the Fab Four are great. The Beatles are fascinating if you read about their lives. So much has been written about them and they will continue to write about them. There are Blogs about them on the internet and websites and conspiracy theories. They also help to tell the history of the 1960's. To be honest I don't really follow what Sir Paul McCartney and Sir Ringo Starr do these days though. Which is your favourite Beatle?

Bob Dylan is great also. Wasn't John Lennon the most influenced by Bob Dylan?

For me personally things started going bad after 1993. 1993 started off such a good year and ended so badly. 1995/1996 was the worst years of my life.

I love that song by The Beatles "In My Life". Been listening to Morrissey's songs "Spent the Day in Bed" and "Irish blood, English Heart".

Morrissey is one of the few still left of the great legends.

I never understood in the 1990's Oasis were trying to be like The Beatles but they seemed rude not as funny and witty as The Beatles were. Then Johnny Marr and Andy Rourke started trying to look like Oasis.

I long to go back to 1993 and do things differently. They were better times back then.

Yes, the Fab Four are great. The Beatles are fascinating if you read about their lives. So much has been written about them and they will continue to write about them. There are Blogs about them on the internet and websites and conspiracy theories. They also help to tell the history of the 1960's. To be honest I don't really follow what Sir Paul McCartney and Sir Ringo Starr do these days though. Which is your favourite Beatle?

Bob Dylan is great also. Wasn't John Lennon the most influenced by Bob Dylan?

For me personally things started going bad after 1993. 1993 started off such a good year and ended so badly. 1995/1996 was the worst years of my life.

I love that song by The Beatles "In My Life". Been listening to Morrissey's songs "Spent the Day in Bed" and "Irish blood, English Heart".

Morrissey is one of the few still left of the great legends.

I never understood in the 1990's Oasis were trying to be like The Beatles but they seemed rude not as funny and witty as The Beatles were. Then Johnny Marr and Andy Rourke started trying to look like Oasis.

I long to go back to 1993 and do things differently. They were better times back then.
Of course Marr & Rourke tried to look like Oasis, they were deeply irrelevant by then & desperately trying to become 'cool' again.👎 It didn't work.😂

Back
Top Bottom