Morrissey's Sidcup fixation

Franzanna

In retirement
Right, so far I've come across at least 4 references to my local Sidcup from Mr. Morrissey, and I'm sure there are more, but does anyone know why he talks about Sidcup so much? Has he been there? Does he know someone who lives there? Or did he just get an Ordnance Survey map and stick a pin in it randomly? Please help if you know anything. Thanks.

Because Sidcup offers nothing.
Morrissey seems like talking about a random place in England where nothing really happens.

I think he always mentions it in a mocking context as on Russell's radio show and then saying last night Tobias is not from Sidcup.I dont know of any other references but I would agree with what the person above said-it is a place where nothing happens.

It's probably because it's one of those Ealing comedy type suburban places. Also he probably thinks the word is funny.

I think he always mentions it in a mocking context as on Russell's radio show and then saying last night Tobias is not from Sidcup.I dont know of any other references but I would agree with what the person above said-it is a place where nothing happens.

Hmmm, I would agree, there isn't really anything there, but the thing is, things do happen there. There was a kid who got stabbed there a few weeks ago. If I was him, I'd say Horton Kirby, as actually NOTHING ever seems to have happened there since the dawn of time. I have no idea what is there, all I know is that a bus service runs from Dartford to Horton Kirby.

Last edited:
It's probably because it's one of those Ealing comedy type suburban places. Also he probably thinks the word is funny.

I know I always thought Sidcup was a funny-sounding place when I was about 3 or 4. It made me think of those spinnng teacup rides at funfairs, although that's stopped now. I've never seen any Ealing comedies, though, so I wouldn't know if it's ever been mentioned in one. :o

I think out of all the fixations Morrissey has ever had in his life you managed to pick the most uninteresting one of all..;)
I am still not sure I get the fixation with Damien Dempsey and Kristeen young. I'm trying but...

Last edited:
I think out of all the fixations Morrissey has ever had in his life you managed to pick the most uninteresting one ever..;)
I am still not sure I get the fixation with Damien Dempsey and Kristeen young. I'm trying but...

It's interesting for me because I live about 3 miles away from Sidcup. I could hop on my bike and get there within an hour if I was stupid enough to pedal up the hill.

Actually I read somewhere a while ago that a few years ago Morrissey developed an interest with certain Dublin suburbs and started inserting them into his songs when he played Dublin-places like Coolock and Tallaght.It did make me wonder..
His fixation with the Dublin accent back then too also made me wonder .I think our accent is the most awful accent on the planet-middle and working class..they are both terrible.

Last edited:
What makes you think he has a fixation with Kristeen Young? Huh? Huh? Why did you say that? Why did you bring up her name? I don't understand? What's GOING ON!!!!????? :p

Is that on the English version of Monopoly.Sounds like it should be..

I think Chipping Sodbury is a funny place name. *chuckles*

:D Where's that? I find Horton Kirby funny because it sounds like a very Yorkshire place name, but it's near Dartford in South-East London/Kent. :D
I hope a journo asks him what's with Sidcup soon. :rolleyes: Does anyone know?

What, Chipping Sodbury, Sidcup or Kristeen Young?
Chipping Sodbury of course. I suppose Sidcup could be on too.
Kristeen Young? I suppose she could be one of those chance cards.
-You made an inappropriate comment about Morrissey.Go to Jail. Go directly to jail.Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 pounds'
*joke*

Tags
sidcup
Back
Top Bottom