Morrisseys Ouvre

Jazz is going nowhere.
At 08:26

Morrissey doesn't know anything about jazz. I think that is obvious. Which is strange, as Morrissey likes the Beat Poets, and they loved jazz and wrote about it. Jack Kerouac even recorded albums with jazz musicians playing while he recited his poetry.

Why would anyone involved in music just dismiss jazz?

Morrissey doesn't know anything about jazz. I think that is obvious. Which is strange, as Morrissey likes the Beat Poets, and they loved jazz and wrote about it. Jack Kerouac even recorded albums with jazz musicians playing while he recited his poetry.

Why would anyone involved in music just dismiss jazz?
It was a joke.

í'd be hard pushed to name one. But that's cos í am a Morrissey fan. So it's natural, innit?

As an admirer of alot of Bowie, he has also done a hell of a lot of godawful wank.
But if í was a fan of David Bowie í'd guess í'd think that the wank was glorious.
The sublimity of some of his work, coupled with the way that he died, and the time that he died, and the demography of the current mainstream media has led to a situation where Bowie is now seen as this untouchable Golden Messiah, whose death marked the beginning of the end of modern civilisation. But he wasn't a Messiah. He was just a very naughty boy.

how many times you seen Morrissey ?
And
Smiths ??

For those interested, "Dorissey" was from: "From The Smiths To Electronic, The Ultimate Johnny Marr Interview" in NME by Danny Kelly, April 20, 1991 - which was the first part of the interview (the other half the following week was "Marr's On Life").
I have a paper copy stored, but I can't find a digital copy/scan anywhere online which is unusual - even at the excellent 'Marrchives'.
Regards,
FWD.

For those interested, "Dorissey" was from: "From The Smiths To Electronic, The Ultimate Johnny Marr Interview" in NME by Danny Kelly, April 20, 1991 - which was the first part of the interview (the other half the following week was "Marr's On Life").
I have a paper copy stored, but I can't find a digital copy/scan anywhere online which is unusual - even at the excellent 'Marrchives'.
Regards,
FWD.

Actually the name Dorrissey was first featured in Codemasters computer game 'Rock Star Ate My Hamster" where you got a group of selected disparate pop stars from obscurity to number one in the space of a year and ensuring they got 4 gold discs. Think it was released in 1989

Here are some other comedy pop star names from that game. Thanks Wikipedia

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200827-154255.jpg
    Screenshot_20200827-154255.jpg
    710.3 KB · Views: 0
Actually the name Dorrissey was first featured in Codemasters computer game 'Rock Star Ate My Hamster" where you got a group of selected disparate pop stars from obscurity to number one in the space of a year and ensuring they got 4 gold discs. Think it was released in 1989

Here are some other comedy pop star names from that game. Thanks Wikipedia
I remember this, and here he is on the left, from the Spectrum version...

KVLfG0X.jpg

I remember this, and here he is on the left, from the Spectrum version...

KVLfG0X.jpg
Careful, we are getting in to my nerd speciality area :)
Although we were a Commodore & BBC house - no sponge keys for us.
Everyone's A Wally... FGTH the game...
Hubbard & Minter kept me company through my youth.
*happy sigh*
FWD.

Careful, we are getting in to my nerd speciality area :)
Although we were a Commodore & BBC house - no sponge keys for us.
Everyone's A Wally... FGTH the game...
Hubbard & Minter kept me company through my youth.
*happy sigh*
FWD.

I used to write commercial programs for the BBC, Oric and C-16. Always had a soft spot for these. In my attic now I have innumberable boxed zx81s, Spectrums, Orics, a fully operation Commodore PET, loads of BBC-B stuff, various Ataris, Texas Instrument machines, and God knows what else. On the wall in my home office is a customised ZX81 and a Manic Miner 3D-effect relief-type thing. I'm as nerdy as they get, and I've just backed the second tranche of the Spectrum Next here...

I could talk about this all day...

Back
Top Bottom