'Morrissey's old house' in Bowdon now on AirBnb

UPDATE: Eagle-eyed posters have pointed out that this is not Beech Mount, the house in Bowdon that Morrissey was/is known to own on Bowdon Road. It's clearly nearby - anybody know anything about Morrissey owning another house/apartment in Bowdon?

As already mentioned in the Morrissey's December Speech thread. Not sure if this has previously been discussed here but it was news to me.

"Superb location, Edwardian mansion house apartment
Hosted by Ruth & Neil
A lovely duplex apartment - once the home of Morrissey - in an Edwardian mansion house on the leafy Bowdon/Altrincham border."

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/13134090

41858_altrincham_airbnb.jpg

Last edited:
Once you make a reservation, they give you the address, you can cancel later. I nominate Pilgrimulpnorth too.
That is pretty much what I do for a living. I’m a Location Manager. I have knocked on pretty much all the doors around that part of Bowdon in the past. People are very friendly and trusting. I Get to meet some very interesting folk. Knocking on a door and saying I’m a Location Manager (with ITV/BBC ID) gets me into most places. I’ll get round to contacting them.
Pilgrimupnorth

That is pretty much what I do for a living. I’m a Location Manager. I have knocked on pretty much all the doors around that part of Bowdon in the past. People are very friendly and trusting. I Get to meet some very interesting folk. Knocking on a door and saying I’m a Location Manager (with ITV/BBC ID) gets me into most places. I’ll get round to contacting them.
Pilgrimupnorth

Nice one, Pilgrim, that sounds like a plan!

Or we could all write a letter {remember them?} to Mr Morrissey at Beech Mount Bowdon Altrincham. And wait for a Return to Sender {remember them?}. Or not...

His name is Paul (initials PGC.) From Southern Cal. I always wished I could be a stalker so I could meet him like all the other fans who weren't as worthy. But it's too insane for me. :confounded:

probably the same stalker fan who gave me both Beechmount and Johnny Marr’s Address around circa 1992. Ha ha!!
Pilgrimupnorth

These people are so disgustingly wealthy. Does anyone realize how far into the wilderness I have to move to get my own house and it will be nothing like these. :worried:
c’mon. Yorkshire isn’t that bad. We have inside toilets now y’know.
Pilgrimupnorth

Brilliant. How funny. Ah, the daft things we did as young men. I’ve accepted that I’ll probably never bump into M anywhere soon. The best i can do is that I saw Johnny Marr out running one evening through an industrial estate near Wilmslow.
Pilgrimupnorth

Did the same for Johnny Marr (knocked on his door) as Morrissey. But he came to the door and told us to "f*** Off". He made up for it later by giving me a ride in his BMW to the train station! He gave us copies of the new Electronic single signed and took pictures. Amazing man! He can do no wrong in my eyes. They both lived just in walking distance from each other.

Just to confuse everyone again - some are placing Moz's old abode near Altrincham Girls Grammar School. If so this would be a property called "Beech Mount" (note the space) on Bowdon Road, Bowdon WA14 2AJ. There is a separate property called "Beechmount" on Langham Road, Bowdon WA14 2HP. The Langham Road property has been converted into 8 apartments plus the original Coach House. Maybe someone has mixed up "Beech Mount" with "Beechmount" and assumed this is where Moz used to live. Comprende?

Just to confuse everyone again - some are placing Moz's old abode near Altrincham Girls Grammar School. If so this would be a property called "Beech Mount" (note the space) on Bowdon Road, Bowdon WA14 2AJ. There is a separate property called "Beechmount" on Langham Road, Bowdon WA14 2HP. The Langham Road property has been converted into 8 apartments plus the original Coach House. Maybe someone has mixed up "Beech Mount" with "Beechmount" and assumed this is where Moz used to live. Comprende?

That's a very interesting theory. Just been trying to find something that looks like the AirBnB from the postcode on Google maps but all I can do is zoom up and down Langham Road uncontrollably. Perhaps someone who is a bit less crap at these things could have a go and report back.

Ah, thanks. I'd say it has similarities but its probably not the AirBnB. The gateposts are very different for a start, and there are no obvious gates on the AirBnB. And this one looks more 'scrubbed and polished'. The AirBnB is sort of shabbier (but in a good way). It was a good theory, but I think not.

I can also confirm the Airbnb is not Beech Mount, I can also confirm that JM is definitely residing on Charcoal Rd.

I can also confirm the Airbnb is not Beech Mount, I can also confirm that JM is definitely residing on Charcoal Rd.

Given that the gates and the drive and the house to Morrissey's Mother's home are - totally - different, then it's not a surprise at all, is it...

Best to give them all some privacy.

Given that the gates and the drive and the house to Morrissey's Mother's home are - totally - different, then it's not a surprise at all, is it...

Best to give them all some privacy.
We know. Nobody is spying on them. An AirBnB in Bowdon claims to be Morrissey's old house, and we are just trying to figure out how this could be.

We know. Nobody is spying on them. An AirBnB in Bowdon claims to be Morrissey's old house, and we are just trying to figure out how this could be.

Ask S.E.R quickly...... .He won't mind providing that you ask nicely (as well as sending thanks for filming the 4k videos with his cameras !)

Beechmount is my family's old house and we sold it to Morrisey back in 1989.

I keep an eye out occasionally to see if it comes back onto the market as I'd love to buy it back, but alas I've never seen it.

If you want a look at how the house was not long before he bought it from us, look for Granada TV's Sherlock Holmes episode called 'The Norwood Builder', although they redecorated the interior for the shoot. My mum was in prop hire for TV at the time and rented out our house to them to film in.

The Airbnb listing is not the same house.

HTH

Paul

Very interesting, Paul. We had worked out that the AirBnb wasn't Beechmount but since the owners claim it belonged to Morrissey, we have been trying to work out how this could be. Do you know whether he was staying in the area or renting something nearby when he bought your house? Did you get to meet him? At what point did you realise it was Morrissey buying your house? Please excuse the nosey questions but I can't help feeling there's a story there!

I was 10 when we moved and I don't recall meeting him. I know the house wasn't on the market for long though.

My mum told me at the time who was buying it and that it was supposedly for his mum to live in, but I've no idea if she did.

That's about all I know unfortunately.

Paul

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom